The chairman of Crystal Palace returned to his old school in Lee to give pupils top tips on making their dreams come true.
Co-owner of the Premier League football club, Steve Parish, visited students at Colfe’s School on February 26 to inspire them as well as giving advice on how to be successful in business.
The 48-year-old joined the school in Horn Park Lane in 1976 and went on to buy Crystal Palace FC in 2010 as well as selling his advertising company Tag in 2011.
He said: "There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about Colfe’s and am extremely grateful to the school.
"It encouraged me to express my opinions and gave me a level of education and confidence which I didn’t appreciate and realise how valuable it was until I left school and met other people in the real world."
He added: "It is so important to do something you enjoy and love; come to terms with what you’re good at, and persevere at it."
- Home-made lemonade melts Brockley hearts in summer sun
- Bromley pop star Pixie Lott named 11th celebrity on Strictly Come Dancing 2014
- 5 things to see and do in...Locksbottom
- Travellers move into Beckenham cinema car park
- PICTURED: Bexleyheath crash as car goes through fence