Around 200 young ballet dancers were treading the boards of Bromley's Churchill Theatre on Tuesday (February 25).
An audition for an English Youth Ballet (EYB) production of Giselle, open to children aged eight to 18, took place with around 40 budding Fred Astaire's and Ginger Roger's making it through.
Daniel Leigh, 10, of Sapphire Dance Academy in Dartford, was one of the lucky 40.
He said: "I am really happy to have got through my first official audition and I am really excited."
Marcus Clarke, 10, from Bromley, added: "When the audition started I was really nervous because there were loads of people there.
"I felt a lot more confident as it carried on and enjoyed it. When I heard I had got in I was so happy."
- UPDATE: Cyclist receives 'serious head injury' after crash in Greenwich Park
- Limited edition Marvel Avengers artwork goes on display at Bluewater
- UPDATE: Man hospitalised after motorcycle crash in Sidcup
- St Paul's Cray filth mountain Waste4fuel could be cleared by summer
- CCTV: Dartford man jailed for 12 years after shooting police officer in Bexley