Around 200 young ballet dancers were treading the boards of Bromley's Churchill Theatre on Tuesday (February 25).
An audition for an English Youth Ballet (EYB) production of Giselle, open to children aged eight to 18, took place with around 40 budding Fred Astaire's and Ginger Roger's making it through.
Daniel Leigh, 10, of Sapphire Dance Academy in Dartford, was one of the lucky 40.
He said: "I am really happy to have got through my first official audition and I am really excited."
Marcus Clarke, 10, from Bromley, added: "When the audition started I was really nervous because there were loads of people there.
"I felt a lot more confident as it carried on and enjoyed it. When I heard I had got in I was so happy."
- Pet of the day: Poppy’s got bags of life
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits