Around 200 young ballet dancers were treading the boards of Bromley's Churchill Theatre on Tuesday (February 25).
An audition for an English Youth Ballet (EYB) production of Giselle, open to children aged eight to 18, took place with around 40 budding Fred Astaire's and Ginger Roger's making it through.
Daniel Leigh, 10, of Sapphire Dance Academy in Dartford, was one of the lucky 40.
He said: "I am really happy to have got through my first official audition and I am really excited."
Marcus Clarke, 10, from Bromley, added: "When the audition started I was really nervous because there were loads of people there.
"I felt a lot more confident as it carried on and enjoyed it. When I heard I had got in I was so happy."
- WATCH: Armed police arrest man 'with gun' in Sydenham
- Meet the Bagel Boss bringing snacks and protein to Woolwich
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Three people arrested on suspicion of firearms offences after armed police stop taxi on A2 at Ebbsfleet
- Health warning issued as heatwave set to continue in London