A Blackwall Tunnel accident which left a motorcyclist in hospital with potentially life-changing injuries and closed the crossing for five hours has sparked a police appeal.
Ambulance crews were called out to the tunnel entrance at 7.55am to reports of a motorbike in collision with a lorry. They treated a 37-year-old man - the motorcyclist - for "potentially life-changing" leg injuries.
He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
The Met Police said no arrests have been made and enquires are ongoing.
Anyone with information relating to the collision is being asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8285 1574.
A full closure was implemented from the Sun in the Sands roundabout at 8.15am this morning, causing widespread congestion.
The tunnel reopened at around 1.30pm this afternoon and there are still residual delays in the area, with police directing traffic in Woolwich.
- Fire at electrical sub station in Sidcup
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Police on 'high alert' for post-Brexit racism and hate crime
- Man taken to hospital after being hit by car in Plumstead
- WEATHER: Sunny spells followed by more heavy rain in SE London and north Kent