A Blackwall Tunnel accident which left a motorcyclist in hospital with potentially life-changing injuries and closed the crossing for five hours has sparked a police appeal.
Ambulance crews were called out to the tunnel entrance at 7.55am to reports of a motorbike in collision with a lorry. They treated a 37-year-old man - the motorcyclist - for "potentially life-changing" leg injuries.
He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
The Met Police said no arrests have been made and enquires are ongoing.
Anyone with information relating to the collision is being asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8285 1574.
A full closure was implemented from the Sun in the Sands roundabout at 8.15am this morning, causing widespread congestion.
The tunnel reopened at around 1.30pm this afternoon and there are still residual delays in the area, with police directing traffic in Woolwich.
- Woman, 88, dies after being hit by car in Northfleet
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead