A Blackwall Tunnel accident which left a motorcyclist in hospital with potentially life-changing injuries and closed the crossing for five hours has sparked a police appeal.
Ambulance crews were called out to the tunnel entrance at 7.55am to reports of a motorbike in collision with a lorry. They treated a 37-year-old man - the motorcyclist - for "potentially life-changing" leg injuries.
He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
The Met Police said no arrests have been made and enquires are ongoing.
Anyone with information relating to the collision is being asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8285 1574.
A full closure was implemented from the Sun in the Sands roundabout at 8.15am this morning, causing widespread congestion.
The tunnel reopened at around 1.30pm this afternoon and there are still residual delays in the area, with police directing traffic in Woolwich.
- New defibrillators for Bexley in memory of sudden death special constable
- Hundreds flock to classic car show in Orpington
- PICTURES: Hairless pups found abandoned in Biggin Hill car park find new homes
- PICTURED: Rio Ferdinand, Crystal Palace stars and Greenwich's Inbetweener at FIFA 15 launch
- Housing provider hosts Bromley fair in bid to rebuild community spirit