UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel motorcyclist has 'potentially life-changing injuries' after accident shuts crossing (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel motorcyclist has 'potentially life-changing injuries' after accident shuts crossing
A Blackwall Tunnel accident which left a motorcyclist in hospital with potentially life-changing injuries and closed the crossing for five hours has sparked a police appeal.
Ambulance crews were called out to the tunnel entrance at 7.55am to reports of a motorbike in collision with a lorry. They treated a 37-year-old man - the motorcyclist - for "potentially life-changing" leg injuries.
He was taken as a priority to the Royal London Hospital where his condition is described as serious but stable.
The Met Police said no arrests have been made and enquires are ongoing.
Anyone with information relating to the collision is being asked to call the witness appeal line on 020 8285 1574.
A full closure was implemented from the Sun in the Sands roundabout at 8.15am this morning, causing widespread congestion.
The tunnel reopened at around 1.30pm this afternoon and there are still residual delays in the area, with police directing traffic in Woolwich.
- UPDATE: Four-vehicle crash leads to closure of M26 both ways
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- Sundance London's director of programming Trevor Groth previews the film festival in Greenwich
- Save Lewisham Hospital meeting: Campaigners vow to fight against 'future threats'
- PRUH goes to Philippines to fill nursing roles
Comments are closed on this article.