An incredibly rare bull calf –an Asian miniature Zebu - has been born in a Dartford animal centre following a five-year wait.
The bull calf, named 'Dave', was born at around 4.45am on Monday (FEB 24).
Zebus, also known as humped cattle, are the “smallest and one of the world’s rarest breeds” according to Wayne May who runs the centre based in The Brent.
He told News Shopper: “This is our first bull calf born at Artisan Rare Breeds - we have been waiting five years to produce a bull calf from this bloodline.
"Only 48 pure zebu reside in Europe.
“We have called him Dave after Dave Haynes, one of our supporters and fundraisers.”
Artisan Rare Breeds is a registered charity which depends entirely on public donations.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner