An incredibly rare bull calf –an Asian miniature Zebu - has been born in a Dartford animal centre following a five-year wait.
The bull calf, named 'Dave', was born at around 4.45am on Monday (FEB 24).
Zebus, also known as humped cattle, are the “smallest and one of the world’s rarest breeds” according to Wayne May who runs the centre based in The Brent.
He told News Shopper: “This is our first bull calf born at Artisan Rare Breeds - we have been waiting five years to produce a bull calf from this bloodline.
"Only 48 pure zebu reside in Europe.
“We have called him Dave after Dave Haynes, one of our supporters and fundraisers.”
Artisan Rare Breeds is a registered charity which depends entirely on public donations.
- UPDATE: Man dies after collapsing and being handcuffed by police in Welling
- UPDATE: Man dies after New Cross lorry crash
- GALLERY: Your photos of Storm Doris chaos
- O2 Arena to keep its name for 10 more years after naming rights deal struck
- Miss London Curve 2017 is from Sidcup and she has a poweful message about body image