Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Football boots signed by Arsenal FC stars up for sale in Bromley charity shop
FOOTBALL boots signed by some of Arsenal FC’s stars went on sale at a Bromley charity shop this week.
Cancer Research UK on Widmore Road has been given pairs featuring autographs from Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker.
A spokesman for the charity said a volunteer in Sydenham with links to the club managed to get 11 players involved, with the boots then distributed to some of the charity’s shops across south London.
He said: “Of course it was an exciting find – we’re going to stage them in store. They’ve been given for a good cause.”
He added the boots are priced at around £125 each and a pair in Clapham has already been snatched up for £130.
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds