FOOTBALL boots signed by some of Arsenal FC’s stars went on sale at a Bromley charity shop this week.
Cancer Research UK on Widmore Road has been given pairs featuring autographs from Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker.
A spokesman for the charity said a volunteer in Sydenham with links to the club managed to get 11 players involved, with the boots then distributed to some of the charity’s shops across south London.
He said: “Of course it was an exciting find – we’re going to stage them in store. They’ve been given for a good cause.”
He added the boots are priced at around £125 each and a pair in Clapham has already been snatched up for £130.
- Motorists can now challenge parking tickets for £5
- Bromley storms into Top 50 best places to live in UK
- Bumper day for seals in Dartford
- Biggin Hill school raises cash for charity through festive jumper day
- Staff, students and rotarians in series of Erith charity walks