FOOTBALL boots signed by some of Arsenal FC’s stars went on sale at a Bromley charity shop this week.
Cancer Research UK on Widmore Road has been given pairs featuring autographs from Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker.
A spokesman for the charity said a volunteer in Sydenham with links to the club managed to get 11 players involved, with the boots then distributed to some of the charity’s shops across south London.
He said: “Of course it was an exciting find – we’re going to stage them in store. They’ve been given for a good cause.”
He added the boots are priced at around £125 each and a pair in Clapham has already been snatched up for £130.
- VIDEO: 'Thoughtless' Gravesend pranksters fake kidnapping for YouTube hit
- PICTURED: Crash in Bexley leaves car on roof
- Family organise fun run in memory of Aiden, 13
- Tea duelling and umbrella fencing happening at Steampunk event in Abbey Wood
- Eltham man's quirky walking tours named London's best