FOOTBALL boots signed by some of Arsenal FC’s stars went on sale at a Bromley charity shop this week.
Cancer Research UK on Widmore Road has been given pairs featuring autographs from Kieran Gibbs, Carl Jenkinson, Mikel Arteta and Per Mertesacker.
A spokesman for the charity said a volunteer in Sydenham with links to the club managed to get 11 players involved, with the boots then distributed to some of the charity’s shops across south London.
He said: “Of course it was an exciting find – we’re going to stage them in store. They’ve been given for a good cause.”
He added the boots are priced at around £125 each and a pair in Clapham has already been snatched up for £130.
- WIN! Tickets to West End hit Memphis the Musical
- Campaign to rebuild Sydenham landmark pub launched
- Bromley Veterans Athletics Club celebrates 25th anniversary
- Man laying on track shuts Woolwich Dockyard station
- Baby girl aged four months rescued from locked car in Thamesmead