A WOMAN in Chislehurst is warning others to be wary of a man with slippery fingers after claiming she fell foul to a pickpocket.
Jan Rayment, of Barham Road, said her card was nabbed this morning by a dodgy character who followed her down the road and asked for directions to the local hospital.
After telling him to hop on the bus to Orpington she said she realised what’d happened, adding she thought he’d watched her shopping in Co-op moments before and come after her.
The 65-year-old said: “I felt as though something wasn’t right and felt as if someone was watching me when I put my card in my pocket after paying.
“He asked me where the hospital was and I thought that was odd as there’s no hospital in Chislehurst. He grinned and said thank you.”
Police today reported officers are investigating an allegation of theft on Green Lane at approximately 11am.
- Blackheath and Woolwich gynaecologist struck off after squeezing patient's nipples to see if they were 'still milking'
- UKIP chooses candidates for Dartford Council by-elections
- Man, 22, arrested over Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Panic at Lewisham Hospital after someone shouts 'Ebola' following admission of patient by staff wearing biohazard suits
- Pro golfer-turned police officer back on the golf course to take a swing at anti-social youths