Chislehurst woman warning others of slippery fingers after falling foul to pickpocket (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chislehurst woman warning others of slippery fingers after falling foul to pickpocket
A WOMAN in Chislehurst is warning others to be wary of a man with slippery fingers after claiming she fell foul to a pickpocket.
Jan Rayment, of Barham Road, said her card was nabbed this morning by a dodgy character who followed her down the road and asked for directions to the local hospital.
After telling him to hop on the bus to Orpington she said she realised what’d happened, adding she thought he’d watched her shopping in Co-op moments before and come after her.
The 65-year-old said: “I felt as though something wasn’t right and felt as if someone was watching me when I put my card in my pocket after paying.
“He asked me where the hospital was and I thought that was odd as there’s no hospital in Chislehurst. He grinned and said thank you.”
Police today reported officers are investigating an allegation of theft on Green Lane at approximately 11am.
- Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul talks to News Shopper about new film Need for Speed
- Heartless thieves steal Greenwich & Bexley Community Hospice van from Welling
- Udder madness? 'Secret' proposal to use Lewisham's largest park to graze cows
- Man accused of Petts Wood kidnapping to appear at Croydon Crown Court
- Two youths arrested in Orpington after police see them firing a powerful catapult at birds