A WOMAN in Chislehurst is warning others to be wary of a man with slippery fingers after claiming she fell foul to a pickpocket.
Jan Rayment, of Barham Road, said her card was nabbed this morning by a dodgy character who followed her down the road and asked for directions to the local hospital.
After telling him to hop on the bus to Orpington she said she realised what’d happened, adding she thought he’d watched her shopping in Co-op moments before and come after her.
The 65-year-old said: “I felt as though something wasn’t right and felt as if someone was watching me when I put my card in my pocket after paying.
“He asked me where the hospital was and I thought that was odd as there’s no hospital in Chislehurst. He grinned and said thank you.”
Police today reported officers are investigating an allegation of theft on Green Lane at approximately 11am.
- Pet of the Day: Gentle German shepherd dog Phoenix
- Boy, 12, hit by falling shopping trolley in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Giant hippo passes through Thames Barrier
- Greenwich Council gives Crossrail construction works the thumbs up
- Ikea Greenwich could face legal challenge