A WOMAN in Chislehurst is warning others to be wary of a man with slippery fingers after claiming she fell foul to a pickpocket.
Jan Rayment, of Barham Road, said her card was nabbed this morning by a dodgy character who followed her down the road and asked for directions to the local hospital.
After telling him to hop on the bus to Orpington she said she realised what’d happened, adding she thought he’d watched her shopping in Co-op moments before and come after her.
The 65-year-old said: “I felt as though something wasn’t right and felt as if someone was watching me when I put my card in my pocket after paying.
“He asked me where the hospital was and I thought that was odd as there’s no hospital in Chislehurst. He grinned and said thank you.”
Police today reported officers are investigating an allegation of theft on Green Lane at approximately 11am.
- UPDATE: Motorcyclist killed in Dartford crash named locally as dad from Eltham
- Driver who killed child actor and aunt in Penge car crash acknowledges 'pain and suffering' caused
- Residents attack council's proposals to build 4,500 homes in Swanley and Hextable
- This brainteaser will test your bargain-hunting skills: Can you spot the biggest saving?
- New Eltham charity match for disabled 5-year-old whose dad passed away after battle with cancer