THE driver of a tour coach arrested at Hall Place in Bexley after a passenger reported him for allegedly using drugs will appear in court next month.
Azad Ali Malik, 42, was in charge of a coach visiting the tourist attraction in Bourne Road on November 10 last year.
Police were called to the car park of the Tudor mansion at 6.34pm after a passenger accused Malik of not being in a fit state to take the wheel.
The tour party had been due to head back to Skegness – around 150 miles and three hours’ drive away.
Malik was arrested and on Monday (Feb 24) he was charged with possessing cannabis and driving while unfit through drugs.
The driver, from West Drayton in Middlesex, has been bailed to appear at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on March 12.
- PICTURED: Traffic chaos in Kent after five-vehicle pile-up at the Dartford Tunnel
- Thamesmead woman, Joy Williams, 24, dies during cosmetic surgery in Thailand
- PICTURED: Friends and family of murdered Donna Eastwood release lanterns in her honour
- VIDEO: Is it fair bus driver lost his job after this brawl with passengers?
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera