THE driver of a tour coach arrested at Hall Place in Bexley after a passenger reported him for allegedly using drugs will appear in court next month.
Azad Ali Malik, 42, was in charge of a coach visiting the tourist attraction in Bourne Road on November 10 last year.
Police were called to the car park of the Tudor mansion at 6.34pm after a passenger accused Malik of not being in a fit state to take the wheel.
The tour party had been due to head back to Skegness – around 150 miles and three hours’ drive away.
Malik was arrested and on Monday (Feb 24) he was charged with possessing cannabis and driving while unfit through drugs.
The driver, from West Drayton in Middlesex, has been bailed to appear at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on March 12.
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended