THE driver of a tour coach arrested at Hall Place in Bexley after a passenger reported him for allegedly using drugs will appear in court next month.
Azad Ali Malik, 42, was in charge of a coach visiting the tourist attraction in Bourne Road on November 10 last year.
Police were called to the car park of the Tudor mansion at 6.34pm after a passenger accused Malik of not being in a fit state to take the wheel.
The tour party had been due to head back to Skegness – around 150 miles and three hours’ drive away.
Malik was arrested and on Monday (Feb 24) he was charged with possessing cannabis and driving while unfit through drugs.
The driver, from West Drayton in Middlesex, has been bailed to appear at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on March 12.
- 'Massive' rotten tree branch comes crashing down in high winds in Orpington
- Indie record label Heavenly gets a stage at OnBlackheath festival
- Crowdfunding brings art exhibition to Horniman in Forest Hill
- Shoppers set for Big Treats in Bromley
- WATCH: Two grown men filmed fighting outside Lewisham McDonald's