Tour coach driver arrested at Hall Place to face court after passenger reported him for alleged drug use (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Tour coach driver arrested at Hall Place to face court after passenger reported him for alleged drug use
THE driver of a tour coach arrested at Hall Place in Bexley after a passenger reported him for allegedly using drugs will appear in court next month.
Azad Ali Malik, 42, was in charge of a coach visiting the tourist attraction in Bourne Road on November 10 last year.
Police were called to the car park of the Tudor mansion at 6.34pm after a passenger accused Malik of not being in a fit state to take the wheel.
The tour party had been due to head back to Skegness – around 150 miles and three hours’ drive away.
Malik was arrested and on Monday (Feb 24) he was charged with possessing cannabis and driving while unfit through drugs.
The driver, from West Drayton in Middlesex, has been bailed to appear at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on March 12.
- Three injured as police vehicle and car crash in Lewisham High Street
- Orpington girl wins tasty National Trust cake competition
- Man charged with assault over Gravesend pre-Christmas attack
- PICTURED: Memories of Dartford during the First World War revealed
- Dartford driver says Princes Road potholes are an 'accident waiting to happen'
Comments are closed on this article.