A BROMLEY mum’s been selected to go up against the world in an international modelling competition this weekend.
Aneeka Williams, of Salisbury Road, works as a model part-time and entered Face of the World 2014 after fancying her chances.
The 24-year-old receptionist was asked to send in headshots and a bit about herself and is now set to strut her stuff in the final in Birmingham on Saturday March 1.
After graduating from university last year she said she’s been looking at going into teaching, but feels her career may now be taking a slightly different path.
She said: “I’m really excited about the competition – I’ve done modelling in London but it’ll be a new experience going up to Birmingham.
“It would be amazing to win and it’d open up new doors. I want to get signed – it’d be great to go into modelling full-time.
"I think it could really change my life."
Miss Williams said she’ll be judged on how she performs in shoots, works with other models and engages with the audience on the day – with the winner going onto other shows and opportunities.
The mother of one said she was inspired to pursue a life in front of the camera after seeing her elder sister see success in Spain.
The contest’s held as part of Birmingham International Fashion week and sees lookers from the likes of Zambia, Poland, India and Italy join UK participants.
- What's On: 17 reasons to go out this week in south London
- 16-year-old boy fighting for his life after stabbing in Deptford
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Driving instructor uses car park to teach bay parking for FIVE MINUTES, gets £60 fine