Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Dartford Council due to freeze council tax again at tonight's budget
DARTFORD Council is due to freeze council tax again when councillors meet for the annual budget tonight. It will mean that the borough’s council tax has been at the same level since 2010.
Council leader Jeremy Kite said: "I see that many other councils are putting tax up this year but I think we have a responsibility to help hard-pressed families. Too many councils forget how hard it is for taxpayers to earn money in the first place and our whole council is dedicated to treating their hard-earned money with great care."
"Nor do I believe that councils need to cut services. If there are cuts to be made they should be made here at the Civic Centre and I’m pleased to say we will continue to provide our great services although we are always seeking smarter ways of working."
"It’s worth remembering that council tax rises are cumulative so keeping our tax at the same rate for so many years has meant significant amounts of money has remained in the hands of local taxpayers."
- Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Open casting for extras in Kent blockbuster
- Bexleyheath man becomes England football international at Wembley
- 'I was shot five times but I'm no hero' - says Bromley war veteran
- Coroner's concern after Blackheath pensioner died on understaffed ward following string of failures
Comments are closed on this article.