Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Infamous Waste4Fuel site in St Paul's Cray on fire once again
THE INFAMOUS Waste4Fuel recycling plant in St Paul’s Cray was on fire last night – many will be unsurprised to hear.
Two units from Sidcup were called to a blaze at the site, on Cornwall Drive, in the early hours of this morning.
Crews are reported to have brought the fire under control just before 10am today, with officers from the Environment Agency also said to been on the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: “We called at 3.28am. It was similar to the previous fires.
“Around five per cent of the material was alight – there were deep-seated pockets of fire so it took a while to deal with.”
There have been over 10 fires at the plant over the last 12 months and the latest will no doubt further aggravate residents nearby.
The company has to remove all waste by May 1 following a court order.
- Man in his 90s hit by bus in Bexleyheath
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- Catford Balfour Beatty London Youth Games chairman bows out after 30 years
- Man followed woman around while performing indecent act on himself on Petts Wood train
- Bromley girl through to Miss England semi-final
Comments are closed on this article.