Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Infamous Waste4Fuel site in St Paul's Cray on fire once again
THE INFAMOUS Waste4Fuel recycling plant in St Paul’s Cray was on fire last night – many will be unsurprised to hear.
Two units from Sidcup were called to a blaze at the site, on Cornwall Drive, in the early hours of this morning.
Crews are reported to have brought the fire under control just before 10am today, with officers from the Environment Agency also said to been on the scene.
A London Fire Brigade spokeswoman said: “We called at 3.28am. It was similar to the previous fires.
“Around five per cent of the material was alight – there were deep-seated pockets of fire so it took a while to deal with.”
There have been over 10 fires at the plant over the last 12 months and the latest will no doubt further aggravate residents nearby.
The company has to remove all waste by May 1 following a court order.
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham
Comments are closed on this article.