A WOOLWICH man has been rushed to hospital following a flat fire last night (February 23).
The man needed to be rescued from an Eglinton Hill flat at around 8.27pm and was taken away by paramedics.
Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The fire damaged around half of the first floor flat and its cause is under investigation.
Four engines went to the scene from Plumstead, East Greenwich, and Eltham fire stations. Twenty-one firefighters and officers worked to bring the blaze under control by 9.47pm.
- Police concern for missing Beckenham man, David Hopkins
- Five differences between the north and south - by a real northerner
- Missing teen Keiarni Hamilton-Hughes, 16, has links with Eltham
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway