A WOOLWICH man has been rushed to hospital following a flat fire last night (February 23).
The man needed to be rescued from an Eglinton Hill flat at around 8.27pm and was taken away by paramedics.
Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The fire damaged around half of the first floor flat and its cause is under investigation.
Four engines went to the scene from Plumstead, East Greenwich, and Eltham fire stations. Twenty-one firefighters and officers worked to bring the blaze under control by 9.47pm.
- London Soccerdome set to close end of this month to make room for Greenwich Peninsula
- 5 thoughts of the week: Old people's health woes, tattoos harming job prospects and more
- Police called to reported stabbing in Slade Green
- UPDATE: Missing Greenwich found following police appeal
- 14 things to see and do this week (and next) in south east London and north Kent