A WOOLWICH man has been rushed to hospital following a flat fire last night (February 23).
The man needed to be rescued from an Eglinton Hill flat at around 8.27pm and was taken away by paramedics.
Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The fire damaged around half of the first floor flat and its cause is under investigation.
Four engines went to the scene from Plumstead, East Greenwich, and Eltham fire stations. Twenty-one firefighters and officers worked to bring the blaze under control by 9.47pm.
- Bellingham car wash crash: Mercedes driver questioned by police and one man still in critical condition
- Prostitutes warned and two people arrested after police carry out brothel raids
- Dartford FC tweet goes viral after player takes unusually poor shot on goal
- Bexleyheath kebab house wins British Kebab Award
- Police cadet teen buys knives from Eltham retailers in sting operation