Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Woolwich man rushed to hospital after flat fire
A WOOLWICH man has been rushed to hospital following a flat fire last night (February 23).
The man needed to be rescued from an Eglinton Hill flat at around 8.27pm and was taken away by paramedics.
Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The fire damaged around half of the first floor flat and its cause is under investigation.
Four engines went to the scene from Plumstead, East Greenwich, and Eltham fire stations. Twenty-one firefighters and officers worked to bring the blaze under control by 9.47pm.
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
- Mottingham to host first major event as part of £1million community funding
- UPDATE: Woolwich crash leaves van on roof
- Thamesmead in Bloom shows residents at their green-fingered best
Comments are closed on this article.