A WOOLWICH man has been rushed to hospital following a flat fire last night (February 23).
The man needed to be rescued from an Eglinton Hill flat at around 8.27pm and was taken away by paramedics.
Two other people were treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
The fire damaged around half of the first floor flat and its cause is under investigation.
Four engines went to the scene from Plumstead, East Greenwich, and Eltham fire stations. Twenty-one firefighters and officers worked to bring the blaze under control by 9.47pm.
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (September 20 and 21)
- Man jailed after sawn-off shot gun found in Penge
- PICTURES: Huge queues for launch of iPhone 6 at Bluewater and intu Bromley
- Meet Daisy - 500th dog to be microchipped for free by Gravesham Council
- Erith civil servant wins best song for third year