Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Artist's impression for the new Fairfield pool in Dartford revealed
A TWO-WEEK exhibition showcasing the new plans for the £8million revamp of Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre in Dartford has opened.
The work will see the Lowfield Street centre closed for 12 months is expected to start on Sunday, March 30.
The renovation will see a new reception area, new changing rooms, a new gym and equipment and a refurbished swimming pool area.
An extension is also being added to the site which will see new sports halls to enhance the centre.
Councillor Andy Lloyd, cabinet member for sport and leisure, said: "Fairfield Pool is hugely popular but it has been serving the town for 40 years and now deserves a full overhaul and expansion.
"We are the sort of council that believes in investing in community facilities and when we open the new Fairfield in early 2015 it will be fit and ready for a whole new generation of users."
The public will have the chance to see the plans at a two-week exhibition taking place at the Orchards Shopping Centre from 10am to 4pm and then later at Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre, Lowfield Street, from 6pm to 8pm between Friday, February 14 until Friday, February 28.
- UPDATE: Three women arrested over Abbey Wood stabbing
- Memorial fund for aspiring pilot returns to Biggin Hill Airport
- Shooters Hill crash between two cars
- Bexley man speaks out over cancer battle and says 'it can happen to anyone'
- Orpington man 'suicidal' after waiting 20 months and six cancelled operations for knee replacement