A TWO-WEEK exhibition showcasing the new plans for the £8million revamp of Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre in Dartford has opened.
The work will see the Lowfield Street centre closed for 12 months is expected to start on Sunday, March 30.
The renovation will see a new reception area, new changing rooms, a new gym and equipment and a refurbished swimming pool area.
An extension is also being added to the site which will see new sports halls to enhance the centre.
Councillor Andy Lloyd, cabinet member for sport and leisure, said: "Fairfield Pool is hugely popular but it has been serving the town for 40 years and now deserves a full overhaul and expansion.
"We are the sort of council that believes in investing in community facilities and when we open the new Fairfield in early 2015 it will be fit and ready for a whole new generation of users."
The public will have the chance to see the plans at a two-week exhibition taking place at the Orchards Shopping Centre from 10am to 4pm and then later at Fairfield Pool and Leisure Centre, Lowfield Street, from 6pm to 8pm between Friday, February 14 until Friday, February 28.
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (September 20 and 21)
- Man jailed after sawn-off shot gun found in Penge
- PICTURES: Huge queues for launch of iPhone 6 at Bluewater and intu Bromley
- Meet Daisy - 500th dog to be microchipped for free by Gravesham Council
- Erith civil servant wins best song for third year