FOURTEEN traveller caravans pulled up on land opposite the new Tesco.com centre in Erith have now moved across the road.
The caravans were moved on by the police but they are now in a car park next to the distrbution centre in Church Manorway just off Bronze Age Way.
A man who didn't want to be named who works near the site said: "The caravans started appearing on Thursday morning.
"There used to be a concrete boulder blocking off the site but that has gone and they have made a right mess of the road where all the caravans have pulled in.
"They have left a lot of rubbish in the car park, it looks like an eyesore."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Approximately 11 caravans moved onto a site at Church Manorway, Erith yesterday with a further three joining them this morning.
"We have been liaising with the police and hope that this matter will be resolved shortly."
- UPDATE: Antiques dealer found dead in Cobham woodland shortly after court appearance
- PICTURED: Duchess of Cambridge dazzles Deptford in pink ahead of Sydenham visit
- Charlton man wanted on recall to prison after eight Greenwich and Southwark burglaries
- Concerned mother appeals to A2 commuters after road rage attack
- 10 things you might not know about Greenwich’s Royal Observatory