Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATED: Travellers pull up on land near Tesco.com centre in Erith
12:20pm Monday 24th February 2014 in News
FOURTEEN traveller caravans pulled up on land opposite the new Tesco.com centre in Erith have now moved across the road.
The caravans were moved on by the police but they are now in a car park next to the distrbution centre in Church Manorway just off Bronze Age Way.
A man who didn't want to be named who works near the site said: "The caravans started appearing on Thursday morning.
"There used to be a concrete boulder blocking off the site but that has gone and they have made a right mess of the road where all the caravans have pulled in.
"They have left a lot of rubbish in the car park, it looks like an eyesore."
A spokesman for Bexley Council said: "Approximately 11 caravans moved onto a site at Church Manorway, Erith yesterday with a further three joining them this morning.
"We have been liaising with the police and hope that this matter will be resolved shortly."
- Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Open casting for extras in Kent blockbuster
- Bexleyheath man becomes England football international at Wembley
- 'I was shot five times but I'm no hero' - says Bromley war veteran
- Coroner's concern after Blackheath pensioner died on understaffed ward following string of failures
Comments are closed on this article.