CLINICIANS are discouraging Bromley residents from rushing into cosmetic surgery after seeing enquiries for procedures soar.
The team at BMI The Sloane Hospital in Beckenham has said an increasing number are looking to go under the knife since the start of the New Year.
The hospital reports interest in breast lifts has gone up by 227 per cent, while the likes of facelifts and nose jobs are also said to be in escalating demand.
It believes the desire has been brought on by what it calls the ‘New Year, New You’ ethos – and practitioners are concerned would-be patients aren’t taking the necessary time when considering alterations.
Mr Raj Ragoowansi, a consultant plastic and aesthetic surgeon at the private hospital, has given advice to anyone thinking about changing the way they look in 2014, adding it’s often in the first few months of the year that attention peaks.
He said: “Each year around this time we see an increase in the number of enquiries we receive from patients eager to improve their appearance.
“We felt it was important to remind people that having cosmetic surgery is a very serious, life-changing decision and one which should not be rushed or taken lightly.
“Women and men should not let their eagerness for change overpower their ability to make a responsible choice about their surgeon, hospital and desired procedure.”
Plastic surgery in numbers, provided by BMI Healthcare:
• 321 per cent increase for breast augmentation procedures
• 320 per cent increase for neck lift procedures
• 313 per cent increase for facelift procedures
• 283 per cent increase for nose reshaping procedures
• 227 per cent increase in enquiries for breast lift procedures
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Revealed: These are food hygiene ratings for every restaurant in Orpington High Street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire