A NEW breast cancer unit will give patients all they need at a one-stop clinic has opened at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
The Empress Unit at the Darenth Wood Road hospital was opened on Friday by chief executive Susan Acott with the help of surgeon Kothandaraman Murali and consultant Seema Seetharam.
Before the new unit was opened patients had to visit various departments around the hospital for tests and treatments.
Seema Seetharam, consultant breast and oncoplastic surgeon said the unit was a "one-stop-shop" for patients, where they could have tests, get examined and receive advice.
The new unit has four clinical rooms and a range of other areas for patients to change into gowns, meet counsellors or have mammograms.
- 5 things you can do before going to under-pressure A&E
- 6 things you need to know about A&E crisis
- Stat Chat: How big a challenge is giving up smoking?
- Stat Chat: What drives people to lose weight?
- Stat Chat: Are you likely to be bitten by mosquitoes?