Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
New breast cancer unit opens at Darent Valley Hospital
A NEW breast cancer unit will give patients all they need at a one-stop clinic has opened at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
The Empress Unit at the Darenth Wood Road hospital was opened on Friday by chief executive Susan Acott with the help of surgeon Kothandaraman Murali and consultant Seema Seetharam.
Before the new unit was opened patients had to visit various departments around the hospital for tests and treatments.
Seema Seetharam, consultant breast and oncoplastic surgeon said the unit was a "one-stop-shop" for patients, where they could have tests, get examined and receive advice.
The new unit has four clinical rooms and a range of other areas for patients to change into gowns, meet counsellors or have mammograms.
- Greenwich swimmers can take the plunge with Swimathon in Woolwich
- Report reveals baby's rickets death was a 'preventable death' missed by authorities
- Plumstead weightlifters flex muscles over closed gym
- Horse, fire-eating and false nails falling off: 7 weirdest things seen in A&E by Darent Valley nurse
- Woolwich hospital's new tea round to cheers patients up with cake and a cuppa