A NEW breast cancer unit will give patients all they need at a one-stop clinic has opened at Darent Valley Hospital in Dartford.
The Empress Unit at the Darenth Wood Road hospital was opened on Friday by chief executive Susan Acott with the help of surgeon Kothandaraman Murali and consultant Seema Seetharam.
Before the new unit was opened patients had to visit various departments around the hospital for tests and treatments.
Seema Seetharam, consultant breast and oncoplastic surgeon said the unit was a "one-stop-shop" for patients, where they could have tests, get examined and receive advice.
The new unit has four clinical rooms and a range of other areas for patients to change into gowns, meet counsellors or have mammograms.
- Stat Chat: What drives people to lose weight?
- Stat Chat: Are you likely to be bitten by mosquitoes?
- Building works begin on new Greenwich Birth Centre
- NHS 'must expand local services' says new boss
- Woolwich hospital expands Critical Care Unit and recruits staff