Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Star names including Nina Nesbitt added to free south London gig
10:29am Friday 21st February 2014 in News
A FREE gig for youngsters in south London has been boosted by another batch of chart-storming names.
Scottish songstress Nina Nesbitt (read her interview in this week’s Vibe here), who is on course to top the charts with her debut album Peroxide this weekend, will headline NCS Yes at Brixton Academy on Saturday, March 1.
Also added to the bill are Olivia Sebastianelli (Vibe’s also chatted to her – read it here) and Colour the Atlas, while Miquita Oliver and Will Best have been confirmed to host.
They join Neon Jungle (Vibe’s interview with the band’s Jess is here), Joel Compass, Elli Ingram and Swiss Lips.
The 5,000-capacity gig is organised by the National Citizen Service – which gives 16 and 17-year-olds the chance to develop new skills – and will honour inspiration young people in six categories.
Nina Nesbitt, Tinie Tempah, Tom Daley and Gareth Bale are among those nominated, with voting being conducted by 16 to 18-year-olds at NCSyes.co.uk until February 24.
The website is also the place to go to try to get your hands on free tickets and where the event will be streamed live.
The gig is due to be broadcast on 4Music.
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
- PICTURES: Orpington's new music festival, Priory Live
- Beckenham's Haircut 100 frontman Nick Heyward chats about the 80s at Rewind Festival
- Magic Numbers to play Bromley record store on Monday
- Goldsmiths student's Music Crawl will turn New Cross into a walking concert
Comments are closed on this article.