A DEPTFORD private school has paid tribute to a 17-year-old pupil who died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Polina Artamonova, an A Level student at Bellerbys College, in Stowage, died at a residential area of the fee-paying international college where staff says her death will be a "huge loss".
Police were called to reports of a female suffering cardiac arrest on January 21 at 8.12am and she was pronounced dead at the scene. Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
Managing director of higher education UK and Europe, Study Group, which owns Bellerbys College, James Pitman, said: "She was recognised as a good student and will be a huge loss to the school. “Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious by the police, and we are assisting the authorities with their inquiries."
Did you know Polina? You can write a tribute to her below or call the newsdesk on 01689 885732.
- Welling's Kate Bush hailed after first live performance for 35 years
- Foreign cigarettes ruled as cause of fatal Plumstead inferno
- UPDATE: Elderly woman with dementia missing from Penge
- Dartford mayor takes on ice-bucket challenge
- Wealthy Keston man who defrauded government department and Bromley Council out of nearly £70k escapes jail