A DEPTFORD private school has paid tribute to a 17-year-old pupil who died after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Polina Artamonova, an A Level student at Bellerbys College, in Stowage, died at a residential area of the fee-paying international college where staff says her death will be a "huge loss".
Police were called to reports of a female suffering cardiac arrest on January 21 at 8.12am and she was pronounced dead at the scene. Her death is not being treated as suspicious.
Managing director of higher education UK and Europe, Study Group, which owns Bellerbys College, James Pitman, said: "She was recognised as a good student and will be a huge loss to the school. “Our thoughts are with her family and loved ones at this difficult time.
"The death is not being treated as suspicious by the police, and we are assisting the authorities with their inquiries."
Did you know Polina? You can write a tribute to her below or call the newsdesk on 01689 885732.
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus
- Mottingham residents claim they are living 'in the dark ages'
- Anerley man charged with raping 15-year-old schoolgirl and two other sex offences
- What's on this weekend (November 22 and 23)