A YOUNG girl from St Paul's Cray has had her hair chopped off for charity after being inspired by pop star Jessie J.
Nine year-old Poppy Boost, of Roundlyn Gardens, said she’s really proud after raising £750 for the Toni&Guy Foundation.
She had her locks cut off at the company's salon in Bromley and is donating them to the Little Princess Trust, which provides wigs for children suffering from hair loss.
Poppy, who goes to St Peter and St Paul Catholic Primary School, said she wanted to help those in need after seeing the singer and a former teacher at her school do the same.
She said: "I feel happy and proud that I helped other people. It feels cool.
"Everyone at school asked me what happened – it was right down to my waist but now I’ve got a bob. It’s really short."
The music fan did admit she’s missing her hair and is looking forward to it growing back – hopefully in time for the annual Toni&Guy garden party at company co-founder Toni Mascolo’s house, which she received an invitation to yesterday.
Mum Kellie Boost, 38, said she’s really proud of her daughter and said the idea came "completely out of the blue".
She said: "I’m so proud of her – I was quite gobsmacked actually when she told me."
- This is the shocking moment a Muslim mum was told to 'go and bomb the world' after argument in high street
- Students 'trashed' a park in Bexley forcing teachers and the public to clean up after them
- Eltham teen hit 15 people while driving 69mph in a 30mph area
- Bearded dragon rescued from Mottingham house fire
- 'Come home for your brother’s birthday' - Dartford mum's message to 13-year-old son who has been missing for over a month