Young girl from St Paul's Cray inspired by Jessie J to have hair chopped off for charity (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Young girl from St Paul's Cray inspired by Jessie J to have hair chopped off for charity
12:10pm Thursday 20th February 2014 in News
A YOUNG girl from St Paul's Cray has had her hair chopped off for charity after being inspired by pop star Jessie J.
Nine year-old Poppy Boost, of Roundlyn Gardens, said she’s really proud after raising £750 for the Toni&Guy Foundation.
She had her locks cut off at the company's salon in Bromley and is donating them to the Little Princess Trust, which provides wigs for children suffering from hair loss.
Poppy, who goes to St Peter and St Paul Catholic Primary School, said she wanted to help those in need after seeing the singer and a former teacher at her school do the same.
She said: "I feel happy and proud that I helped other people. It feels cool.
"Everyone at school asked me what happened – it was right down to my waist but now I’ve got a bob. It’s really short."
The music fan did admit she’s missing her hair and is looking forward to it growing back – hopefully in time for the annual Toni&Guy garden party at company co-founder Toni Mascolo’s house, which she received an invitation to yesterday.
Mum Kellie Boost, 38, said she’s really proud of her daughter and said the idea came "completely out of the blue".
She said: "I’m so proud of her – I was quite gobsmacked actually when she told me."
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Eltham man stabbed Sidcup brother Sean Hayes to death after sibling's funeral
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
Comments are closed on this article.