A YOUNG girl from St Paul's Cray has had her hair chopped off for charity after being inspired by pop star Jessie J.
Nine year-old Poppy Boost, of Roundlyn Gardens, said she’s really proud after raising £750 for the Toni&Guy Foundation.
She had her locks cut off at the company's salon in Bromley and is donating them to the Little Princess Trust, which provides wigs for children suffering from hair loss.
Poppy, who goes to St Peter and St Paul Catholic Primary School, said she wanted to help those in need after seeing the singer and a former teacher at her school do the same.
She said: "I feel happy and proud that I helped other people. It feels cool.
"Everyone at school asked me what happened – it was right down to my waist but now I’ve got a bob. It’s really short."
The music fan did admit she’s missing her hair and is looking forward to it growing back – hopefully in time for the annual Toni&Guy garden party at company co-founder Toni Mascolo’s house, which she received an invitation to yesterday.
Mum Kellie Boost, 38, said she’s really proud of her daughter and said the idea came "completely out of the blue".
She said: "I’m so proud of her – I was quite gobsmacked actually when she told me."
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel CLOSED for rest of day after major fuel spill
- Forest Hill Wetherspoon pub shutting down
- Belvedere boy, 4, dies in mother's arms after losing short battle with cancer
- 'An unbelievable relief': Poplar mum 'ecstatic' as son is cleared of cheating in London Marathon
- UPDATE: Nine mile queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash