STUBBING your toe, stepping on something sharp like Lego, a paper cut or knocking your funny bone.
If you could pick just one of these embarrassingly trivial but ridiculously agonising events to never experience again based on it being the most painful which would you choose?
What other teeny-tiny events that hurt like mad can you think of that nobody should ever be subjected to again?
Alternatively, on a more serious note, what would you say is the most physically painful thing you’ve ever experienced? Do you agree with the many who say childbirth is the most painful experience a person can go through? How can pain be measured?
Add your comments below.
Our Burning Questions feature aims to settle some of life’s perennial arguments and answer some of its little mysteries with readers’ collective knowledge.
We’d love your suggestions for arguments and questions you’d like us to cover. What are the things that make you go hmmm? Add your comments below or email us
- VIDEO: Donna 'Train' loves rail travel - but do you love or loathe it?
- 'Ketchup should be kept in cupboard' - do you agree with Boris?
- How kitchens have gone hi-tech: Which gadget could you not live without?
- More than half of London workers have nodded off - do you ever sleep on the job?
- What’s your favourite fish and chip shop in south-east London and north Kent?