ATHLETIC Bexley youngsters have been honoured for their achievements Young People's Sports Awards last Saturday (FEB 15).
The awards ceremony took place at the Harris Academy Falconwood in The Green, Welling, and celebrated the sporting success of more than 160 young people.
They were nominated for the awards by their clubs, teachers, coaches and families earlier in the year.
Cabinet member for community safety and leisure, Councillor Don Massey said; "These awards never fail to impress.
"The sporting achievements of our local young people are fantastic. Their skills, stamina and determination all deserve to be recognised."
Parkwood Community Leisure sponsor Bexley's London Youth Games team, as well as providing all Bexley's competitors in the Games with a one-year membership for all three of their leisure centres in Bexley. They also provide sponsorship for the awards programme.
For more information, visit bexley.gov.uk/sports
- Beckenham woman jailed after trying to smuggle nearly £300k worth of cocaine into UK
- Bromley MP Bob Neill brands Douglas Carswell Ukip defection 'misguided' and 'self-defeating'
- Chislehurst woman praises borough's new medical technology that uses 'video conferencing' to care for strokes
- Thamesmead teenager amazes Got to Dance judges as group dances its way to final
- PubSpy reviews The Spanish Galleon, Greenwich