ATHLETIC Bexley youngsters have been honoured for their achievements Young People's Sports Awards last Saturday (FEB 15).
The awards ceremony took place at the Harris Academy Falconwood in The Green, Welling, and celebrated the sporting success of more than 160 young people.
They were nominated for the awards by their clubs, teachers, coaches and families earlier in the year.
Cabinet member for community safety and leisure, Councillor Don Massey said; "These awards never fail to impress.
"The sporting achievements of our local young people are fantastic. Their skills, stamina and determination all deserve to be recognised."
Parkwood Community Leisure sponsor Bexley's London Youth Games team, as well as providing all Bexley's competitors in the Games with a one-year membership for all three of their leisure centres in Bexley. They also provide sponsorship for the awards programme.
For more information, visit bexley.gov.uk/sports
- What's On: 10 reasons to go out this week in south London
- Stolen pugs reunited with owner after being thrown out of moving car
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard