ATHLETIC Bexley youngsters have been honoured for their achievements Young People's Sports Awards last Saturday (FEB 15).
The awards ceremony took place at the Harris Academy Falconwood in The Green, Welling, and celebrated the sporting success of more than 160 young people.
They were nominated for the awards by their clubs, teachers, coaches and families earlier in the year.
Cabinet member for community safety and leisure, Councillor Don Massey said; "These awards never fail to impress.
"The sporting achievements of our local young people are fantastic. Their skills, stamina and determination all deserve to be recognised."
Parkwood Community Leisure sponsor Bexley's London Youth Games team, as well as providing all Bexley's competitors in the Games with a one-year membership for all three of their leisure centres in Bexley. They also provide sponsorship for the awards programme.
For more information, visit bexley.gov.uk/sports
- Athletes fighting to stop 'hammer blow' plan to redevelop Crystal Palace national sports centre
- Custody for 'bedroom jihadist' who groomed youth with learning difficulties to carry out Lee Rigby copycat killing
- West Wickham buzzing after wasp invasion
- What's on this weekend: days out and shows in south east London and north Kent on May 30 and 31
- Chislehurst mum and son ordered to repay £2.8m mortgage fraud or face more jail time