ATHLETIC Bexley youngsters have been honoured for their achievements Young People's Sports Awards last Saturday (FEB 15).
The awards ceremony took place at the Harris Academy Falconwood in The Green, Welling, and celebrated the sporting success of more than 160 young people.
They were nominated for the awards by their clubs, teachers, coaches and families earlier in the year.
Cabinet member for community safety and leisure, Councillor Don Massey said; "These awards never fail to impress.
"The sporting achievements of our local young people are fantastic. Their skills, stamina and determination all deserve to be recognised."
Parkwood Community Leisure sponsor Bexley's London Youth Games team, as well as providing all Bexley's competitors in the Games with a one-year membership for all three of their leisure centres in Bexley. They also provide sponsorship for the awards programme.
For more information, visit bexley.gov.uk/sports
- Teenager almost blew up North Greenwich Tube station with homemade bomb, court hears
- Man dies after being found by police in Bexleyheath
- A man has been stabbed outside a primary school in Plumstead
- 'Bad deal': It costs £500 more to travel from this train station than another just three minutes away
- Updated: 15-year-old boy charged in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation