Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexley youngsters show sporting prowess
ATHLETIC Bexley youngsters have been honoured for their achievements Young People's Sports Awards last Saturday (FEB 15).
The awards ceremony took place at the Harris Academy Falconwood in The Green, Welling, and celebrated the sporting success of more than 160 young people.
They were nominated for the awards by their clubs, teachers, coaches and families earlier in the year.
Cabinet member for community safety and leisure, Councillor Don Massey said; "These awards never fail to impress.
"The sporting achievements of our local young people are fantastic. Their skills, stamina and determination all deserve to be recognised."
Parkwood Community Leisure sponsor Bexley's London Youth Games team, as well as providing all Bexley's competitors in the Games with a one-year membership for all three of their leisure centres in Bexley. They also provide sponsorship for the awards programme.
For more information, visit bexley.gov.uk/sports
- Six-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Bromley charity visit sees unexpected appearance from Prime Minister David Cameron
- Grove Park stakes claim to be home of Edith Nesbit classic The Railway Children
- UPDATE: Parent outrage as Bromley Council committee decision leaves children without a school
- Horrible bosses: Almost half of Londoners hate their managers - how about you?
Comments are closed on this article.