Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chislehurst charity shop voted number one in UK after public vote
AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Gravesend officially hottest place in the UK yesterday, as temperatures look good for the next week
- Kent air ambulance doctor recieves MBE from the Queen
- Delays in Forest Hill due to temporary lights and burst water main
- Top 10 charity shops in south-east London for books, clothes and electrical goods
- 'Kidbrooke might not quite be the same': Greenwich actor Dominic Cooper talks Need for Speed