Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chislehurst charity shop voted number one in UK after public vote
AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- UPDATE: Four-vehicle crash leads to closure of M26 both ways
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- Sundance London's director of programming Trevor Groth previews the film festival in Greenwich
- Save Lewisham Hospital meeting: Campaigners vow to fight against 'future threats'
- PRUH goes to Philippines to fill nursing roles
Comments are closed on this article.