AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine