Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chislehurst charity shop voted number one in UK after public vote
AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- UPDATE: Woman dead after being struck by train at Petts Wood station
- Sidcup children's home in Jimmy Savile abuse investigation
- Brockley theatre festival gives breakthroughs to emerging playwrights in south east London
- 'Make the whole of Lewisham a 20mph zone'
- Greenwich boatyard still fears high-rise development costs
Comments are closed on this article.