AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- This is what Ofsted inspectors had to say about Harris Primary Academy Shortlands
- Can you match the favourite film to the parliamentary candidate?
- Work has started on Bromley FC's stadium redevelopment and new 3G pitch
- 'London’s last affordable pockets are fast disappearing' - Rent in south east London rose more than anywhere else in the capital
- Lewisham vigil in solidarity with Manchester after terror attack