Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Chislehurst charity shop voted number one in UK after public vote
AN INDEPENDENT Chislehurst charity has been voted the most loved in the UK in a national awards scheme.
The 2gether shop on the town’s high street scooped the top prize this year after receiving 287 votes in the Loved and Local Awards 2014.
The charity shop is celebrating its 10th anniversary after opening in 2004 and was set up to support a local youth charity.
It also bagged Bromley’s most loved business after pipping a hair salon to the post.
Shop manager Clare Herriot said: "Winning the two awards is such an achievement.
"I am chuffed and very proud to see how the 2gether shop has developed over the years."
Loved and Local encourages the public to review their favourite organisations as a way of rewarding those who go the extra mile.
- WIN! Tickets to Denise Van Outen's one-woman show in the West End
- MP Teresa Pearce's 'heart goes out to family of boy killed on Thamesmead road'
- Bromley a cappella group to host candlelit vigil to mark First World War centenary
- Buster the Staffie is Battersea Dogs Home's longest-staying Kent resident - can you give a home?
- Pet of the Day: Benson the big softie
Comments are closed on this article.