Bromley based hot drinks company creates dress out of 500 drink sachets for London Fashion Week (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley based hot drinks company creates dress out of 500 drink sachets for London Fashion Week
A BROMLEY based hot drinks company caused a stir at London Fashion Week by making a dress out of over 500 drink sachets.
Drink Me teamed up with upcoming British designer Brad Dykes, painstakingly sewing sachets of the company's spiced chai latte and tea latte onto a mesh body.
Mr Dykes, 27, said: "I'm delighted to have been asked to be involved in this project with Drink Me and keen to show how versatile different materials can be.
"Each sachet was individually hand-sewn onto the dress and took a week to complete.
"Drink Me use Indian inspired vibrant colours in its range of Chai drinks and I wanted this to be reflected in this garment."
Drink Me, of Starts Hill Road, Farnborough, is best known for its spiced and vanilla chai latte drinks available in most supermarkets and high street coffee chains.
For more information, click here.
- River row over Greenwich yacht club future
- North Kent Lebanese restaurant launches belly dancing nights
- Devastated Bexleyheath mother pleads for help finding late husband's wedding ring
- UPDATE: Woolwich crash leaves van on roof
- VIDEO: E-cigarettes, social media and mobile phones - a guide to modern manners
Comments are closed on this article.