Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Penge house fire wipes out third of ground floor
A FIRE wiped out a third of the ground floor of a Penge home yesterday afternoon.
The brigade was called to a terraced house in Southey Street at 12.47pm.
A spokeswoman for the London Fire Brigade said: "We sent two fire engines, one from Beckenham and one from Bromley.
"It was a terraced house of two floors. 35 per cent of the ground floor was damaged.
"It was all under control at 13.33pm."
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
No one is thought to have been hurt.
Did you see what happened? Do you have photos? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
- FEATURE: A day in the life of a pest control officer
- Man who sexually assaulted sleeping woman on West Wickham train avoids jail
Comments are closed on this article.