Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Prince Edward drops in to Beckenham school
THOUSANDS of Beckenham school pupils were delighted last week when a member of the royal family dropped in for a visit.
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II, came by Langley Park School for Boys, South Eden Park Road, to unveil a new building worth £38 million.
The prince enjoyed a tour of school, including a display put together by the history society, followed by an unveiling ceremony in the performance hall.
Head teacher Steve Parsons said: "It was a fantastic occasion, very fitting for what is a fantastic new building.
"The prince seemed to enjoy himself very much. He said he was very impressed with what he had seen.
"It was a fantastic occasion for the pupils to meet him. He was a very friendly and very supportive guy."
- Lane shut in Deptford because of emergency works
- Top tips to cure a hangover: Share how you shake off a heavy night of drinking
- 19 of England’s greatest claims to fame on St George’s Day
- News Shopper reader takes sultry Biggin shot during twilight ride
- Thamesmead cross-dresser Roxanne still determined to become a woman
Comments are closed on this article.