Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Prince Edward drops in to Beckenham school
THOUSANDS of Beckenham school pupils were delighted last week when a member of the royal family dropped in for a visit.
Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex, the youngest son of Queen Elizabeth II, came by Langley Park School for Boys, South Eden Park Road, to unveil a new building worth £38 million.
The prince enjoyed a tour of school, including a display put together by the history society, followed by an unveiling ceremony in the performance hall.
Head teacher Steve Parsons said: "It was a fantastic occasion, very fitting for what is a fantastic new building.
"The prince seemed to enjoy himself very much. He said he was very impressed with what he had seen.
"It was a fantastic occasion for the pupils to meet him. He was a very friendly and very supportive guy."
- Pupils at Beaverwood School in Chislehurst allegedly sprayed in face with chemical substance
- Dead horse dumped outside Dartford home
- New Cross Nathan Allen murder victim shot dead in 'trivial row over motorbike'
- Orpington woman must pay almost £600 after dumping wood in St Paul's Cray car park
- Charlton appoint Jose Riga as new head coach after Chris Powell sacking