Free south London gig with chart stars Neon Jungle to celebrate inspirational young people (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Free south London gig with chart stars Neon Jungle to celebrate inspirational young people
A FREE gig featuring some of the biggest up-and-coming names in pop will celebrate inspirational young people.
The National Citizen Service (NCS)’s Yes Live show at Brixton Academy on Saturday, March 1, will see Neon Jungle, Elli Ingram, Joel Compass and Swiss Lips perform.
At the show, six inspiration people aged 16 to 26 will be honoured across six categories – fashion, music, film, sport, business and digital innovation – after weeks of voting by 16 to 18-year-olds.
The NCS – which develops skills of 16 and 17 year olds to help them get ahead in work and life – has organised the 5,000 capacity gig which will be streamed live at NCSYes.com and broadcast on 4Music.
Youngsters can vote at the website until February 24, for the likes of Gareth Bale, Tom Daley and Nina Nesbitt and they can also win free tickets.
Go to NCSYes.com
- 'A lot of bridges were burnt': East 17 discuss new line-up and London gig next week
- South east London band Josh Flowers and the Wild discuss local music scene, festivals and Magners gig
- Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon, DJ Yoda and Scratch Perverts join Greenwich's Brooklyn Bowl line-up
- Actor Joe McGann talks about his Bromley-bound show April in Paris and sibling rivalry
- 6 thoughts from British Summer Time family day at Hyde Park
Comments are closed on this article.