Free south London gig with chart stars Neon Jungle to celebrate inspirational young people (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Free south London gig with chart stars Neon Jungle to celebrate inspirational young people
A FREE gig featuring some of the biggest up-and-coming names in pop will celebrate inspirational young people.
The National Citizen Service (NCS)’s Yes Live show at Brixton Academy on Saturday, March 1, will see Neon Jungle, Elli Ingram, Joel Compass and Swiss Lips perform.
At the show, six inspiration people aged 16 to 26 will be honoured across six categories – fashion, music, film, sport, business and digital innovation – after weeks of voting by 16 to 18-year-olds.
The NCS – which develops skills of 16 and 17 year olds to help them get ahead in work and life – has organised the 5,000 capacity gig which will be streamed live at NCSYes.com and broadcast on 4Music.
Youngsters can vote at the website until February 24, for the likes of Gareth Bale, Tom Daley and Nina Nesbitt and they can also win free tickets.
Go to NCSYes.com
- VIDEO: Bromley pop star Pixie Lott took 'risk' with new album
- Interview: Deptford band Athlete ready for rare homecoming gig at On Blackheath festival
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Nashville actor Sam Palladio's southern US accent was made in Sidcup
Comments are closed on this article.