A FREE gig featuring some of the biggest up-and-coming names in pop will celebrate inspirational young people.
The National Citizen Service (NCS)’s Yes Live show at Brixton Academy on Saturday, March 1, will see Neon Jungle, Elli Ingram, Joel Compass and Swiss Lips perform.
At the show, six inspiration people aged 16 to 26 will be honoured across six categories – fashion, music, film, sport, business and digital innovation – after weeks of voting by 16 to 18-year-olds.
The NCS – which develops skills of 16 and 17 year olds to help them get ahead in work and life – has organised the 5,000 capacity gig which will be streamed live at NCSYes.com and broadcast on 4Music.
Youngsters can vote at the website until February 24, for the likes of Gareth Bale, Tom Daley and Nina Nesbitt and they can also win free tickets.
Go to NCSYes.com
- Watch the surreal new video for Good Grief from south Londoners Bastille
- Bromley’s cult musical hero Billy Jenkins’ friends plans celebratory 60th birthday gig
- Meantime's Beer Box returns with FREE gigs
- PICTURED: New look for South London venue that hosted Adele’s first gig
- ‘I used to toboggan down the hill at Greenwich Park’ - Steve Harley talks ahead of his Greenwich Music Time show