A FREE gig featuring some of the biggest up-and-coming names in pop will celebrate inspirational young people.
The National Citizen Service (NCS)’s Yes Live show at Brixton Academy on Saturday, March 1, will see Neon Jungle, Elli Ingram, Joel Compass and Swiss Lips perform.
At the show, six inspiration people aged 16 to 26 will be honoured across six categories – fashion, music, film, sport, business and digital innovation – after weeks of voting by 16 to 18-year-olds.
The NCS – which develops skills of 16 and 17 year olds to help them get ahead in work and life – has organised the 5,000 capacity gig which will be streamed live at NCSYes.com and broadcast on 4Music.
Youngsters can vote at the website until February 24, for the likes of Gareth Bale, Tom Daley and Nina Nesbitt and they can also win free tickets.
Go to NCSYes.com
- Robert Plant joins star-studded Rolling Stone birthday bill at BluesFest in Greenwich
- ‘Fame is not something I have ever wanted’ – why shyness is not holding singer Birdy back as she heads out on tour
- Jazz musician names new album after Plumstead road near where he grew up
- PICTURES: 14 things we learnt from Bryan Adams’ gig at Sandown Park
- Lianne La Havas headlines LeeFest packed with pirates, mermaids and 'unmissable moments'