AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- UPDATE: Man hospitalised with burns after Charlton restaurant blaze
- Birthday magazine on sale: Your chance to buy a piece of News Shopper history
- Fundraisers brave Mount Snowdon challenge in aid of Greenwich & Bexley community hospice
- Six arrested for attempted murder after Woolwich stabbing
- 5 reasons to go out this week: what's on in north kent and south east London