AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- Emaciated dead dog found dumped in Downham park
- Man robbed and assaulted by four thugs in Bromley
- 150 Christmas trees stolen from Orpington family farm
- NEAR MISS: Football-sized drone misses airplane above Biggin Hill by only 20 metres
- Family of Bexley baby boy with genetic condition name children's ward staff 'Healthcare Heroes'