Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Eltham accident near Westhorne Avenue leaves man with head injuries
AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- Pet of the Day: Age is no concern for Bilari
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
Comments are closed on this article.