AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- UPDATE: Blackwall Tunnel STILL closed after major fuel spill
- UPDATE: Nine mile queues at Dartford Crossing due to drivers slowing down to look at lorry crash
- Man left with life-threatening injuries following serious crash on A2 at Bean
- Belvedere boy, 4, dies in mother's arms after losing short battle with cancer
- Beckenham woman speaks out after husband's 'miracle' escape from crash