AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- Millions slashed from youth service budgets in potentially 'devastating' cuts across London
- Goldsmiths PhD student designs glove that translates sign language into speech
- Man arrested in Dartford in connection to the murder of Luther Edwards
- UPDATE: Three cars involved in Greenwich crash
- Car tax is changing in April: Here's what you need to know