AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- UPDATE: Petition to remove New Cross diversity officer fails
- St Mary Cray school only one in south east to be shortlisted for prestigious award
- Greenwich superclub 'still open' after double stabbing
- Meantime brewery teams up with OnBlackheath festival for free Greenwich gigs
- PET OF THE WEEK: Dexie's a cool cockapoo