AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- Dartford man jailed for throwing corrosive liquid at good samaritan breaking up fight
- Police raid large cannabis factory at house in Rushey Green
- Police given more time to question south London teenagers arrested on suspicion of terror offences
- TUBE STRIKE: Twitter reacts
- VIDEO: Burglars steal from Erith care home