AN ELTHAM accident at Westhorne Avenue last night (February 18) saw a man rushed to hospital with head and chest injuries.
Greenwich police said the man, a pedestrian, was hit by a van and sustained injuries including a broken leg and fractured ribs.
Ambulances were called out at 9.30pm to Katherine Gardens at the junction with Westhorne Avenue.
Two ambulance crews, a single responder in a car and a duty officer went to the scene.
A spokeswoman said: "Staff treated one patient, reported to be an elderly man, who was treated for head, chest and leg injuries.
"He was taken as a priority to the major trauma centre at King's College Hospital."
- VIDEO: Kent performers’ moving First World War musical transfers to West End
- Armed police close off Darnley Road, Gravesend over 'firearms incident'
- UPDATE: Hayes road reopens after unstable scaffolding made safe
- Southeastern passengers facing delays due to TWO broken down trains
- SE London and north Kent forecast: Yellow weather warning but Dartford Crossing reopens