FIVE Girlguides from the borough are hoping to jet off around the world after being selected to represent the UK by the organisation.
The girls, aged between 13 and 15, have been picked to take part in Scout Jamborees and service projects from Scandinavia to the Far East this summer.
Sarah Kleist and Natasha Sethna, from Beckenham, are hoping to join Charlotte Ellis-Keeler, of Bromley, at Norway’s international event Asker 2014.
Charlotte’s sister Lucy Ellis-Keeler meanwhile is eager to get out to a project in Malawi, Africa, while Maddie Webster, from Bromley, is set to take up a place at Japan’s World Scout Jamboree.
Sarah, from Bushey Way, said: "My Mum woke me up in the middle of the night with the news - I just can’t wait!
"I am so looking forward to meeting lots of new people from different countries as well as taking part in many activities. What a fantastic experience all five of us are going to have."
The Girlguides, from 2nd Shortlands, have to raise over £8,000 between them to take part however. They have a number of events planned to find the cash, with a jumble sale at St Mary’s Church Hall on Saturday March 1.
- UPDATE: Man dies after collapsing and being handcuffed by police in Welling
- UPDATE: Man dies after New Cross lorry crash
- GALLERY: Your photos of Storm Doris chaos
- O2 Arena to keep its name for 10 more years after naming rights deal struck
- Miss London Curve 2017 is from Sidcup and she has a poweful message about body image