Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Red carpet rolled out for VIP fashion show in Orpington
A RED carpet was rolled out and bubbly popped for an exclusive VIP fashion show in Orpington last week.
Hosted by business group Orpington 1st at the Walnuts Shopping Centre, the Valentine’s event was put on for 140 loyalty card holders and featured strawberries, heart-shaped chocolates and goody bags alongside the fizz.
It was held for the first time as part of Love Orpington week on Thursday February 13, with clothing, perfume and flower shops all getting in on the act.
Models are said to have given residents a first look at some of the shopping centre’s latest offerings and Sharon Baldwin, from the business team, said it was a big success.
She said: “Orpington 1st is delighted with the response to our first fashion show.
“I want to thank those stores that participated in making it such a great show and hope that this is the first of many such events.”
- Charlton sack Chris Powell
- PubSpy reviews Change of Horses, Farnborough
- Phone number language: Is the '0' said as 'oh' or 'zero'?
- 26 playground crazes and fashions from schooldays in the 1990s
- Stabbed Abbey Wood man 'begged newsagent to call ambulance'