A RED carpet was rolled out and bubbly popped for an exclusive VIP fashion show in Orpington last week.
Hosted by business group Orpington 1st at the Walnuts Shopping Centre, the Valentine’s event was put on for 140 loyalty card holders and featured strawberries, heart-shaped chocolates and goody bags alongside the fizz.
It was held for the first time as part of Love Orpington week on Thursday February 13, with clothing, perfume and flower shops all getting in on the act.
Models are said to have given residents a first look at some of the shopping centre’s latest offerings and Sharon Baldwin, from the business team, said it was a big success.
She said: “Orpington 1st is delighted with the response to our first fashion show.
“I want to thank those stores that participated in making it such a great show and hope that this is the first of many such events.”
- Four people, including police officer, killed as pedestrians are mowed down in Westminster terror attack
- Westminster terror attack as it happened: Four people dead after car hits pedestrians, police officer stabbed and attacker shot
- Westminster terror attack: Killed police officer named as Keith Palmer
- Prime Minister condemns ‘sick and depraved’ terrorist attack
- IN PICTURES: Terror at Houses of Parliament as knifeman kills police officer and mows down pedestrians