A RED carpet was rolled out and bubbly popped for an exclusive VIP fashion show in Orpington last week.
Hosted by business group Orpington 1st at the Walnuts Shopping Centre, the Valentine’s event was put on for 140 loyalty card holders and featured strawberries, heart-shaped chocolates and goody bags alongside the fizz.
It was held for the first time as part of Love Orpington week on Thursday February 13, with clothing, perfume and flower shops all getting in on the act.
Models are said to have given residents a first look at some of the shopping centre’s latest offerings and Sharon Baldwin, from the business team, said it was a big success.
She said: “Orpington 1st is delighted with the response to our first fashion show.
“I want to thank those stores that participated in making it such a great show and hope that this is the first of many such events.”
- Man, 68, dies after being hit by train in Erith
- Concern for 13-year-old boy missing from Bromley
- 'Crocodile or dinosaur?' Terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich
- 'Keep doors and windows closed': Large fire breaks out in Crayford
- Three cannabis factories raided and two guns seized in Belvedere drug raids