A RED carpet was rolled out and bubbly popped for an exclusive VIP fashion show in Orpington last week.
Hosted by business group Orpington 1st at the Walnuts Shopping Centre, the Valentine’s event was put on for 140 loyalty card holders and featured strawberries, heart-shaped chocolates and goody bags alongside the fizz.
It was held for the first time as part of Love Orpington week on Thursday February 13, with clothing, perfume and flower shops all getting in on the act.
Models are said to have given residents a first look at some of the shopping centre’s latest offerings and Sharon Baldwin, from the business team, said it was a big success.
She said: “Orpington 1st is delighted with the response to our first fashion show.
“I want to thank those stores that participated in making it such a great show and hope that this is the first of many such events.”
- Naked man spotted 'masturbating' in New Eltham before fleeing with underpants in hand
- PICTURED: Prime Minister makes surprise appearance at Gravesend Vaisakhi celebrations
- Orpington cyclist reunited with stolen bike
- UPDATE: Man hospitalised after A2 crash near Dartford
- London Bridge and Cannon Street closed to Southeastern passengers on Sunday