GREENWICH Council's leader has not been to a meeting for nearly two months.
Councillor Chris Roberts has not been to a meeting all year and his last attendance was at a full council meeting on December 18.
News Shopper understands he has also failed to attend meetings of the Labour Group.
A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: “Councillor Roberts has given apologies to two or three meetings in the past month or so due to other commitments and illness.”
It comes after a difficult few months for the council leader - due to stand down at the next election - after News Shopper called for him to go following embarrassing revelations about his conduct and a "bullying culture" in his party.
It is understood the London Labour Party is now investigating an abusive voicemail he left on the phone of a colleague. A local party investigation last year let him off with a warning.
- Man, 68, dies after being hit by train in Erith
- 'Crocodile or dinosaur?' Terrifying creature discovered at docks near Greenwich
- Fountain of faeces flows down Sidcup street for 36 hours
- Is this the most ridiculous parking fine ever issued?
- 'Keep doors and windows closed': Large fire breaks out in Crayford