Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Greenwich Council leader Chris Roberts' absence at council meetings in 2014
GREENWICH Council's leader has not been to a meeting for nearly two months.
Councillor Chris Roberts has not been to a meeting all year and his last attendance was at a full council meeting on December 18.
News Shopper understands he has also failed to attend meetings of the Labour Group.
A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: “Councillor Roberts has given apologies to two or three meetings in the past month or so due to other commitments and illness.”
It comes after a difficult few months for the council leader - due to stand down at the next election - after News Shopper called for him to go following embarrassing revelations about his conduct and a "bullying culture" in his party.
It is understood the London Labour Party is now investigating an abusive voicemail he left on the phone of a colleague. A local party investigation last year let him off with a warning.
- PICTURED: Giant rat reported in Gravesend
- Forest Hill car 'on wrong side of road' hits girls aged 7 and 13
- Sidcup dad is still struggling to find school place for his disabled daughter
- Bunny rabbits need our help this Easter and beyond
- Woman cut from car in Bexleyheath crash
Comments are closed on this article.