GREENWICH Council's leader has not been to a meeting for nearly two months.
Councillor Chris Roberts has not been to a meeting all year and his last attendance was at a full council meeting on December 18.
News Shopper understands he has also failed to attend meetings of the Labour Group.
A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: “Councillor Roberts has given apologies to two or three meetings in the past month or so due to other commitments and illness.”
It comes after a difficult few months for the council leader - due to stand down at the next election - after News Shopper called for him to go following embarrassing revelations about his conduct and a "bullying culture" in his party.
It is understood the London Labour Party is now investigating an abusive voicemail he left on the phone of a colleague. A local party investigation last year let him off with a warning.
- Man who conspired to burgle five Gravesham homes is jailed
- Warning after mystery white powder 'poisons' Greenwich dogs
- Three injured in ambulance and car smash in Bromley
- Beckenham man jailed after arranging to have neighbour assaulted
- Eltham grandfather announced Pride of Britain finalist on ITV News London