GREENWICH Council's leader has not been to a meeting for nearly two months.
Councillor Chris Roberts has not been to a meeting all year and his last attendance was at a full council meeting on December 18.
News Shopper understands he has also failed to attend meetings of the Labour Group.
A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: “Councillor Roberts has given apologies to two or three meetings in the past month or so due to other commitments and illness.”
It comes after a difficult few months for the council leader - due to stand down at the next election - after News Shopper called for him to go following embarrassing revelations about his conduct and a "bullying culture" in his party.
It is understood the London Labour Party is now investigating an abusive voicemail he left on the phone of a colleague. A local party investigation last year let him off with a warning.
- Thirty firefighters battle blaze in a Cricket pavillion in Bromley
- Plans under way to change laws on HMOs in Bexley
- Crayford man terrified after capturing 'supernatural spirit' on Snapchat
- Bromley Council hire child services director after damning 'inadequate' Ofsted report
- 8,000 sign petition for lifeguards at beach where five young south-east London men died