GREENWICH Council's leader has not been to a meeting for nearly two months.
Councillor Chris Roberts has not been to a meeting all year and his last attendance was at a full council meeting on December 18.
News Shopper understands he has also failed to attend meetings of the Labour Group.
A spokesman for Greenwich Council said: “Councillor Roberts has given apologies to two or three meetings in the past month or so due to other commitments and illness.”
It comes after a difficult few months for the council leader - due to stand down at the next election - after News Shopper called for him to go following embarrassing revelations about his conduct and a "bullying culture" in his party.
It is understood the London Labour Party is now investigating an abusive voicemail he left on the phone of a colleague. A local party investigation last year let him off with a warning.
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham