TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- Father, son and daughter sentenced after Dartford-bound train attack in front of terrified passengers
- What's on this weekend (August 30 and 31)
- Critically acclaimed movie shot in Charlton set for high definition re-release
- Crash causes chaos at the Dartford Crossing
- Bexley mayor joins in fun at the stables