TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station named locally
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended
- UPDATE: Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- Strike date changed as Southern train conductors expect 'prolonged dispute'