TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- Bromley developer respond to Lewisham Council's ultimatum in pub dispute
- Best friend's plea after 16-year-old girl goes missing from Blackfen
- Beckenham resident claims Lidl lorries are delivering grief as well as groceries
- Woolwich memorial for Lee Rigby will not feature soldier's name
- The Manfreds bring catalogue of hits and two lead singers to Dartford