Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Trains running again after Chelsfield landslip
TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- Tributes pour in for 'inspirational' topless Petts Wood 'Running Man' who has died
- VOTE NOW: Dartford searches for sexiest spectacle wearer
- Helicopter scrambled to search for homeless people on roof of burning Sidcup building
- Peaches Geldof private funeral to be held on Easter Monday
- Art, nature and a circus: 5 great ways to spend the Easter weekend in south-east London
Comments are closed on this article.