Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Trains running again after Chelsfield landslip
TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- UPDATE: Neighbours describe horrific moments after 6-year-old boy killed by car in Thamesmead
- VIDEO: Keston boxing champion David Haye presents the weather - for dogs
- Eltham man stabbed Sidcup brother Sean Hayes to death after sibling's funeral
- Dartford ex-soldier who murdered Marcus Innocent in Woolwich jailed for 28 years
- VIDEO: Orpington man is online celebrity thanks to YouTube cat videos
Comments are closed on this article.