Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Trains running again after Chelsfield landslip
TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- VIDEO: Angry naked man in Hither Green
- Lewisham market to be transformed into summer street food nightspot
- PICTURED: Mad hatter's tea party at Danson Centre in Bexleyheath
- Crayford assault victim chased over live train tracks
- PICTURED: Last hurrah for 30-year Swanley pub quiz at The Olympic
Comments are closed on this article.