TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- Stat Chat: Top 5 tips for happy life - with 58 revealed to be best age
- Pet of the Day: Gucci yodels at police cars and ice cream vans
- Beckenham woman finds mystery 2.5ft snake in her basement flat
- UPDATE: Man arrested after woman's body found in Dartford
- Booked up venue closed following illegal hostel discovery sparks outrage among residents