TRAINS heading south between Orpington and Sevenoaks are running again after a landslip at Chelsfield.
The incident occurred around 3pm this afternoon and soon after Southeastern announced on Twitter passengers travelling from London should take an alternative route.
A Network Rail spokesman said: "A train driver reported seeing earth moving on the side of the track there at 3.05pm.
"We sent an engineer down on site. We have had to close one of the two lines at Chelsfield. The rest of the team is en route."
The disruptions came after a number of trains across the country have been cancelled or delayed this week following heavy rain and high winds.
- Teenager arrested for assaulting female train worker at Orpington
- UPDATE: Residents living in fear after travellers move onto New Eltham site
- King of the jungle Joe Swash builds shelters in Anerley school
- Darent Valley to double hospital parking prices
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (May 22 to 25): 12 things to see and do in south east London and north Kent