RESTAURANTS can be hard to book and planning a perfect date can be stressful. The answer is, of course, to cook.
Celebrity Masterchef winner Lisa Faulkner has put together this great Salmon recipe with soy, fennel and ginger.
Prep time: 15 mins plus 25 mins marinating
Cooking time: 35 mins
Per serving: 366 calories, 24.9g fat, 4.1g saturates, 1.7g sugar, 1.3g salt
For the marinade:
4 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1 inch of root ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped coriander
4 salmon fillets (600g), skin removed
2 fennel bulbs, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the salmon. Cover and transfer to the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sliced fennel with a little olive oil and spread in an even layer over the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from the oven. Lay the salmon fillets on top of the fennel and spoon the marinade over.
Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
Go to Kikkoman.co.uk
- Pub chain will be first to tell drinkers how many calories they are consuming
- This 3D printer coming to Bromley is a SWEET deal - make an edible picture of yourself using candy
- Valentine’s Day: Top 10 London restaurants for special occasions
- GALLERY: The best places to celebrate National Pizza Day according to our readers
- PICTURES: 20 places to get a delicious hot chocolate drink - as recommended by you