Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Video: Celebrity Masterchef winner cooks up a Valentine's feast
9:52am Friday 14th February 2014 in News
RESTAURANTS can be hard to book and planning a perfect date can be stressful. The answer is, of course, to cook.
Celebrity Masterchef winner Lisa Faulkner has put together this great Salmon recipe with soy, fennel and ginger.
Prep time: 15 mins plus 25 mins marinating
Cooking time: 35 mins
Per serving: 366 calories, 24.9g fat, 4.1g saturates, 1.7g sugar, 1.3g salt
For the marinade:
4 tbsp sherry vinegar
2 tbsp Kikkoman soy sauce
2 tbsp sesame oil
4 spring onions, sliced
1 inch of root ginger, peeled and grated
1 tbsp chopped chives
1 tbsp chopped coriander
4 salmon fillets (600g), skin removed
2 fennel bulbs, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
Put all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the salmon. Cover and transfer to the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Toss the sliced fennel with a little olive oil and spread in an even layer over the bottom of an ovenproof dish. Roast for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, then remove from the oven. Lay the salmon fillets on top of the fennel and spoon the marinade over.
Return to the oven for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon is cooked through.
Go to Kikkoman.co.uk
- Rock star chef Martin McNair's spring ingredients tips
- Recipe: Sweet Eve Strawberry & White Chocolate Muffins
- Recipe: Mother's Day strawberry and vanilla cheesecake with strawberry compote
- Healthy and beautifully simple chocolate recipe for Easter from Bexley fitness expert
- Top pie making tips for National Pie Week from Higgidy founder