Beckenham personal trainer and six clients to row marathon each for Sport Relief (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Beckenham personal trainer and six clients to row marathon each for Sport Relief
A PERSONAL trainer at a Beckenham gym is set to row a marathon for Sport Relief - and he's managed to get six of his clients to do the same.
Kenny Asare, 44, works at the town’s David Lloyd and decided to take on the 42,195m challenge in aid of the cause.
Mr Asare, from Shirley in Surrey, found others were interested in taking part and the group has so far managed to raise nearly £20,000 while training over the past six months for the gruelling row.
He said: "It’s been hard going with various injuries, illnesses and a pregnancy.
"I'm very excited about the event - a lot of hard work has gone into the training. I'm especially proud of the team."
The group, whose ages range from 15 to 46, will be on rowing machines at the gym on Saturday March 8, starting at 1pm. www.withoutapaddle.co.uk
- Sweet little lies parents tell kids: 18 classic fibs mums and dads try to get away with
- Is spring the most wonderful time of the year or do you have a different favourite?
- PICTURED: Met Police helicopter recreates Eastenders credits in stunning aerial shot
- Kent Police seeking witnesses after 15-year-old robbed of phone in Swanscombe
- Police appeal for help in finding missing 15-year-old, thought to be in the Crays, Orpington