A PERSONAL trainer at a Beckenham gym is set to row a marathon for Sport Relief - and he's managed to get six of his clients to do the same.
Kenny Asare, 44, works at the town’s David Lloyd and decided to take on the 42,195m challenge in aid of the cause.
Mr Asare, from Shirley in Surrey, found others were interested in taking part and the group has so far managed to raise nearly £20,000 while training over the past six months for the gruelling row.
He said: "It’s been hard going with various injuries, illnesses and a pregnancy.
"I'm very excited about the event - a lot of hard work has gone into the training. I'm especially proud of the team."
The group, whose ages range from 15 to 46, will be on rowing machines at the gym on Saturday March 8, starting at 1pm. www.withoutapaddle.co.uk
- Greenwich woman jailed after strangling mum to death in Plumstead because she 'thought she was a witch'
- TRAVEL WARNING: Miles of traffic after car bursts into flames on A2
- Family of expectant dad who died in car crash in Darenth issue touching tribute
- Erith school rated 'inadequate' in withering report by Ofsted
- Crash closes Long Lane, Bexleyheath