Beckenham personal trainer and six clients to row marathon each for Sport Relief (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Beckenham personal trainer and six clients to row marathon each for Sport Relief
A PERSONAL trainer at a Beckenham gym is set to row a marathon for Sport Relief - and he's managed to get six of his clients to do the same.
Kenny Asare, 44, works at the town’s David Lloyd and decided to take on the 42,195m challenge in aid of the cause.
Mr Asare, from Shirley in Surrey, found others were interested in taking part and the group has so far managed to raise nearly £20,000 while training over the past six months for the gruelling row.
He said: "It’s been hard going with various injuries, illnesses and a pregnancy.
"I'm very excited about the event - a lot of hard work has gone into the training. I'm especially proud of the team."
The group, whose ages range from 15 to 46, will be on rowing machines at the gym on Saturday March 8, starting at 1pm. www.withoutapaddle.co.uk
- 'Berserk' Eltham dog bites hole in boy's face as he tries to save mum and baby brother
- UPDATE: One lane reopens on M26 after four-vehicle crash
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- High housing demand stopping south east London buyers getting homes
- Catford Balfour Beatty London Youth Games chairman bows out after 30 years
Comments are closed on this article.