A PERSONAL trainer at a Beckenham gym is set to row a marathon for Sport Relief - and he's managed to get six of his clients to do the same.
Kenny Asare, 44, works at the town’s David Lloyd and decided to take on the 42,195m challenge in aid of the cause.
Mr Asare, from Shirley in Surrey, found others were interested in taking part and the group has so far managed to raise nearly £20,000 while training over the past six months for the gruelling row.
He said: "It’s been hard going with various injuries, illnesses and a pregnancy.
"I'm very excited about the event - a lot of hard work has gone into the training. I'm especially proud of the team."
The group, whose ages range from 15 to 46, will be on rowing machines at the gym on Saturday March 8, starting at 1pm. www.withoutapaddle.co.uk
- Man died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after staff failed to treat him properly
- PICTURED: Nine people arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in series of raids in Thamesmead
- Bexleyheath man wants motorcyclists to wear correct safety gear following his nasty crash
- Blackwall Tunnel REOPENS after major fuel spill
- TRAVEL WARNING: Signalling problems at Orpington