A BROMLEY woman has won a London-wide award for her "dedication" to the youngsters of Petts Wood Football Club.
Sharon Lee, of Gravel Road, was given a Jack Petchey outstanding leader award for helping young footballers take part in a youth leadership programme.
At Petts Wood FC she is the driving force behind the Football Futures programme, which aims to inspire players to become the next generation of a skilled football workforce.
Football Futures awards FA qualifications to young people aged 14 to 24 that include coaching, refereeing, training as a physio and organising tournaments.
Petts Wood FC treasurer Meryl Clarke said: "Sharon plays an integral role in developing our young footballers as they grow through adolescence.
"She has enabled them to hone their skills and become role models for younger players.
"The Football Futures programme is relatively new, but we are making great progress in Bromley through Sharon’s dedication."
- Northfleet pervert jailed after vigilante group tricks him to meet fake schoolgirl for sex
- Terror arrest after 'bomb' alert at North Greenwich station
- Family of Eltham parliament engineer who died from asbestos-related cancer launch legal battle
- Murder accused 'may have cooked and eaten parts of' Greenhithe police officer
- UPDATE: Boy taken to hospital after Chislehurst crash