A BROMLEY woman has won a London-wide award for her "dedication" to the youngsters of Petts Wood Football Club.
Sharon Lee, of Gravel Road, was given a Jack Petchey outstanding leader award for helping young footballers take part in a youth leadership programme.
At Petts Wood FC she is the driving force behind the Football Futures programme, which aims to inspire players to become the next generation of a skilled football workforce.
Football Futures awards FA qualifications to young people aged 14 to 24 that include coaching, refereeing, training as a physio and organising tournaments.
Petts Wood FC treasurer Meryl Clarke said: "Sharon plays an integral role in developing our young footballers as they grow through adolescence.
"She has enabled them to hone their skills and become role models for younger players.
"The Football Futures programme is relatively new, but we are making great progress in Bromley through Sharon’s dedication."
- Stat Chat: Top 10 best and worst online shops revealed
- Pet of the Day: Stevie the Staffie, the guest who stayed to become a best friend
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'