Bromley woman wins London-wide award for 'dedication' to Petts Wood Football Club youngsters (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bromley woman wins London-wide award for 'dedication' to Petts Wood Football Club youngsters
A BROMLEY woman has won a London-wide award for her "dedication" to the youngsters of Petts Wood Football Club.
Sharon Lee, of Gravel Road, was given a Jack Petchey outstanding leader award for helping young footballers take part in a youth leadership programme.
At Petts Wood FC she is the driving force behind the Football Futures programme, which aims to inspire players to become the next generation of a skilled football workforce.
Football Futures awards FA qualifications to young people aged 14 to 24 that include coaching, refereeing, training as a physio and organising tournaments.
Petts Wood FC treasurer Meryl Clarke said: "Sharon plays an integral role in developing our young footballers as they grow through adolescence.
"She has enabled them to hone their skills and become role models for younger players.
"The Football Futures programme is relatively new, but we are making great progress in Bromley through Sharon’s dedication."
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
- A history of Orpington Hospital: Remembering its beginnings as a vital part of the First World War
Comments are closed on this article.