A BROMLEY woman has won a London-wide award for her "dedication" to the youngsters of Petts Wood Football Club.
Sharon Lee, of Gravel Road, was given a Jack Petchey outstanding leader award for helping young footballers take part in a youth leadership programme.
At Petts Wood FC she is the driving force behind the Football Futures programme, which aims to inspire players to become the next generation of a skilled football workforce.
Football Futures awards FA qualifications to young people aged 14 to 24 that include coaching, refereeing, training as a physio and organising tournaments.
Petts Wood FC treasurer Meryl Clarke said: "Sharon plays an integral role in developing our young footballers as they grow through adolescence.
"She has enabled them to hone their skills and become role models for younger players.
"The Football Futures programme is relatively new, but we are making great progress in Bromley through Sharon’s dedication."
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead
- Both Sidcup Leisure Centre swimming pools expected to be closed for six days after flooding
- PICTURED: Geordie Shore beauty Holly Hagan meets fans in Bexleyheath as she celebrates 3st super slim down
- UPDATE: Man killed by train near Dartford station
- Air ambulance lands in Abbey Wood after teenager stabbed