Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Gravesham MP promotes UK-India ties at Gravesend Gurdwara gathering
GRAVESHAM’s MP hosted a special event promoting ties between the UK and India at the Guru Nanak Darbar Gurdwara.
Adam Holloway was joined by Witham MP Priti Patel, appointed UK Indian diaspora champion by Prime Minister David Cameron.
They met Sikh leaders at the Gurdwara in Saddington Street, Gravesend, which is one of the largest of its kind outside India.
Up for discussion on February 6 was how ties between the UK and India could be deepened.
Gravesham is home to one of Britain’s largest Sikh populations of more than 7,700 or 7.6 per cent of the constituency’s total population – making up a large part of the 420,000 Sikhs in England.
Mr Holloway said: "The Sikh community contribute greatly to the local area and work tirelessly to serve the people of Gravesham.
"Every time I visit the Gurdwara I am reminded of how lucky we are to have it in the constituency, and how much the members do to help those less fortunate than themselves."
- UPDATE: Is the giant rat reported in Gravesend actually a rat?
- Bromley is crap, Woolwich is a dump and Gravesend is chav - Google suggests
- Serious crash leads to closure of M26
- Col Keith Barker remembers his time after World War Two
- Lewisham's 'hugely disturbing' number of missing children in care
Comments are closed on this article.