A MAN has been charged and another arrested after a "huge" police operation across Chislehurst and Downham followed the robbery of a cash delivery driver in Eltham on Tuesday (February 11).
Reuben Richardson, aged 33, of no fixed address, appeared at Bromley Magistrates' Court today charged with robbery and dangerous driving.
Another man has been bailed to return to police on March 27.
Police were called at 12.35pm to reports of a robbery outside Topps Tiles in Westhorne Avenue, Eltham.
A cash delivery driver was approached by two men who threatened him before taking a cash box and fleeing.
Three men were seen later in Sylvester Avenue, Chislehurst, attempting to gain access to the box.
They drove away, pursued by officers, and collided with a pedestrian in Downham Way - a man in his 20s who suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The three occupants of the car fled from the vehicle at the scene of the collision.
Efforts continue to trace the remaining suspect.
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Bluewater's huge expansion could have a big impact on Bexleyheath and other town centres, council warns
- Burglary gang stole expensive cars and used them to steal from convenience stores
- Here are the pieces of the homemade bomb that jurors were told nearly blew up North Greenwich Tube station