THE celebration of St.Valentine can be more of a Singles Awareness Day for some, but fear not, Vibe's Angie Quinn has found some brilliant alternatives to prevent you from spending the evening indoors alone.
Joey Essex at Pure Bar, Bexleyheath
Celebrate being single and party the night away with popular TV star Joey Essex right in the heart of Bexleyheath. Entry is just £10, for full information, including age restrictions, visit purebarbexleyheath.com
Hod Rod Diner, Northfleet
Dining out doesn’t have to be all romantic, so grab a friend and chow down on delicious locally-sourced big burgers, steaks, hotdogs, salads and yummy milkshakes in a loud, energetic atmosphere along to the classic sounds of the juke box, you may even find yourself up dancing along. hotroddiner.co.uk
New Cross Inn, New Cross
Forget your loving spirit and prepare to rock out as four bands play a mix of live music ranging from the quality sounds of rock’n'roll to punk, blues, alternative and more. On the bill for the 14th are The Connectors, Spitehouse, Stash and Husky Loops. Go to newcrossinn.com
Anti-valentine party: ‘My Bloody Valentine’ at Prince Charles Theatre
Nothing reeks anti-valentines more than a gory horror film screening that’s not for the faint hearted, so take a trip uptown and enjoy the cinema without the fear of being suffocated by loved-up couples, perfect princecharlescinema.com
The Crown Inn, Chislehurst
For those singletons around town who are tired of feeling unlucky in love, dress-up for a stylish speed dating party - cheese and wine style. Singletons aged between 35 and 55 years-old can enjoy free wine, a tasty variety of cheeses and a raffle all for £20. Go singlescenedating.com
- VIDEO: Would you act like a dog for exercise? Barking mad keep-fit class could be coming to a park near you
- Where to celebrate Chinese New Year 2017 in London
- PICTURES: Fancy climbing a wall of penises and vaginas for Valentine's Day? Good news ...
- Should you take an overnight train to Scotland for a skiing holiday? Our reviewer takes the trip
- 10 top tips to get you swimming better from Olympic silver medallist Jazz Carlin