FORGET the winter Olympics in Sochi – a Welling primary school brought the games to Bexley with its own ice rink.
St Stephen’s Catholic Primary School has an annual tradition of hosting an artificial rink thanks to the parents’ association.
Staff joined 420 pupils from reception to year 6 in having a really ice time sliding around at the temporary installation in the playground.
Youngsters at the Ruskin Avenue school took turns on the ice throughout the day on February 7, with children up to 11 making sure their four-year-old school mates were staying safe.
School business manager Geraldine Podd said: “It’s become an annual event all the children really look forward to.
“They take it in turns but we always have the older children go on with the younger ones to help them out.
“The kids get so much from it and they are all so excited on the day.”
- EXPECT DELAYS: Heavy traffic at Dartford Crossing after crash
- Praise for Southeastern staff who rescued guide dog at Greenwich Station
- WATCH: 'I'm seriously getting out of this f****** house' – Abbey Wood man reacts to 'paranormal activity' in his home
- Immigration arrests at Byron burger restaurants across London
- WARNING: Train delays between Dartford and Sidcup