Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Dartford scout group tackle adventure weekend award challenge
A SCOUT troop of young adrenaline junkies from Dartford enjoyed two days of adventure as part of an award challenge.
Around 25 boys and girls aged 11 to 14 headed to the Kingswood activity centre in Ashford as part of their Chief Scouts Award challenge.
They tried their hands at fencing, quad biking, abseiling, climbing, a 3G swing and a variety of rope and pole climbs over the weekend of February 1 to 2.
The group also enjoyed a laser light show, trampolining and a mixed game of basketball.
Scout leader Neil Gearing said: "Challenge and adventure are at the heart of scouting and this weekend enabled the scouts to try and push the boundaries of adventure and see what they were able to achieve in a fun environment."
- UPDATED: 12-year-old boy airlifted to hospital after seven-vehicle crash on A20 between Sidcup and Swanley Interchange
- Catford Excalibur estate prefab becomes pop-up exhibition centre
- Missing St Paul's Cray 15-year-old missing since January found safe and well
- Past colleagues of allegedly murdered Bromley man Ronald Parsons pay tribute
- The Zimmers interviewed by Radio Caroline DJ for new YouTube music series