A "HUGE" police operation across Chislehurst and Downham followed the robbery of a cash delivery driver in Eltham this afternoon (February 11).
Police were called at 12.35pm to reports of a robbery outside Topps Tiles in Westhorne Avenue, Eltham.
A cash delivery driver was approached by two men who threatened him before taking a cash box and fleeing.
Later, three men were seen in Sylvester Avenue, Chislehurst, attempting to gain access to the box.
When disturbed by a member of the public they drove away and were pursued by officers.
The car was involved in a collision with a pedestrian in Downham Way, in which a man in his 20s suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
He is currently at a south-east London hospital.
The three occupants of the car fled from the vehicle at the scene of the collision.
One of them was located in Capstone Road, Downham, and has been arrested in connection with the incidents.
Efforts continue to trace the other two suspects.
George Rolph, 60, of Capstone Road, told News Shopper: "Whatever is going on it is a huge police activity.
"It began with police cars coming from every possible direction.
"There are police officers, male and female, with dogs, there are police vans and there is a helicopter in the sky."
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash