THOUSANDS are expected to flock to the eighth annual Crystal Palace Overground Festival this year as preparations get underway.
The four-day event is set to run over June 26-29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle, with a “central hub” at Westow Park.
Organisers announced the dates this month and said planning’s in its early stages – but added the usual array of performing arts, sports activities, live music, food and arts and crafts can once again be expected.
Around 6,000 revellers are thought to attend this year, following 2013’s success that saw 155 performers, 60 events and record numbers of traders and venues get involved.
Anyone interested in playing a part this summer is invited to register interest online. See the festival website for more information.
- Man, aged 58, denies raping a women in Dartford
- Police hunt for Bluewater bus masturbator who dropped trousers behind two passengers
- Trial date set for Swanscombe prison officer accused of corrupt relationship with Sun journalist
- 'Neglected' Shih-tzu found abandoned and barely able to walk in Thamesmead
- Comedian Jo Brand kicks off the Moonlit Walk to raise cash for community hospice