Thousands expected to flock to eighth Crystal Palace Overground Festival as summer dates revealed (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Thousands expected to flock to eighth Crystal Palace Overground Festival as summer dates revealed
THOUSANDS are expected to flock to the eighth annual Crystal Palace Overground Festival this year as preparations get underway.
The four-day event is set to run over June 26-29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle, with a “central hub” at Westow Park.
Organisers announced the dates this month and said planning’s in its early stages – but added the usual array of performing arts, sports activities, live music, food and arts and crafts can once again be expected.
Around 6,000 revellers are thought to attend this year, following 2013’s success that saw 155 performers, 60 events and record numbers of traders and venues get involved.
Anyone interested in playing a part this summer is invited to register interest online. See the festival website for more information.
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Milwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
Comments are closed on this article.