THOUSANDS are expected to flock to the eighth annual Crystal Palace Overground Festival this year as preparations get underway.
The four-day event is set to run over June 26-29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle, with a “central hub” at Westow Park.
Organisers announced the dates this month and said planning’s in its early stages – but added the usual array of performing arts, sports activities, live music, food and arts and crafts can once again be expected.
Around 6,000 revellers are thought to attend this year, following 2013’s success that saw 155 performers, 60 events and record numbers of traders and venues get involved.
Anyone interested in playing a part this summer is invited to register interest online. See the festival website for more information.
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors