THOUSANDS are expected to flock to the eighth annual Crystal Palace Overground Festival this year as preparations get underway.
The four-day event is set to run over June 26-29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle, with a “central hub” at Westow Park.
Organisers announced the dates this month and said planning’s in its early stages – but added the usual array of performing arts, sports activities, live music, food and arts and crafts can once again be expected.
Around 6,000 revellers are thought to attend this year, following 2013’s success that saw 155 performers, 60 events and record numbers of traders and venues get involved.
Anyone interested in playing a part this summer is invited to register interest online. See the festival website for more information.
- VIDEO: Arson attack on Greenwich petrol station - suspect caught on camera
- Bromley & Beckenham Hockey Club make 'one of those' calendars to raise funds
- REVIEW: Hunters Grimm in Deptford
- Teen missing for nearly two weeks may have travelled to Greenwich
- Stat Chat: Top 10 words people look up most in the dictionary