THOUSANDS are expected to flock to the eighth annual Crystal Palace Overground Festival this year as preparations get underway.
The four-day event is set to run over June 26-29 at venues across Crystal Palace and the Upper Norwood Triangle, with a “central hub” at Westow Park.
Organisers announced the dates this month and said planning’s in its early stages – but added the usual array of performing arts, sports activities, live music, food and arts and crafts can once again be expected.
Around 6,000 revellers are thought to attend this year, following 2013’s success that saw 155 performers, 60 events and record numbers of traders and venues get involved.
Anyone interested in playing a part this summer is invited to register interest online. See the festival website for more information.
- Bromley fight sees police seize rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- Biggin Hill Airport celebrates after landmark ruling
- Four men deny involvement in Thamesmead murder
- PubSpy reviews The Harvest Moon, Orpington
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent