Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Funeral of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs who died after taking ecstasy arranged for today
THE FUNERAL of the Croydon teenager who died after taking ecstasy was set to take place this morning.
Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, 16, from Addiscombe, died in hospital on January 20 after taking the drug at a warehouse rave in Hayes, west London, two days before.
A youth from Beckenham is one of two believed to have supplied the substance. Ryan Kirk, 20, was charged with being concerned in the supply of class A drugs alongside 18-year-old Nicqueel Pitrora, of Croydon, at Isleworth Crown Court on Wednesday February 5.
Family and friends of Daniel were earlier today to attend a thanksgiving service at Emmanuel Church on Normanton Road, South Croydon in tribute to the young man. A cortege was arranged to pass Archbishop Tenison School on Selborne road for pupils and staff to pay their respects.
Fiona Spargo-Mabbs, 46, said she always thought her son, who had plans to join the Army and later become an English teacher, could “change the world”.
In a moving tribute, she added: “He was just such a fantastic boy and he was such an active part of our lives and we just feel so incredibly blessed to have had him in our lives for getting on for 17 years. He really was special.”
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- UPDATED: Three-year-old boy falls out of window in Temple Hill Square, Dartford
- Mysterious 'Met Police spy plane' seen circling Lewisham, Eltham and Blackheath
- Goldsmiths Arms in Penge set for first annual summer fete
- Minnie Mouse appears at Bromley United Services Club Help For Heroes fundraiser
Comments are closed on this article.