Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Funeral of Daniel Spargo-Mabbs who died after taking ecstasy arranged for today
THE FUNERAL of the Croydon teenager who died after taking ecstasy was set to take place this morning.
Daniel Spargo-Mabbs, 16, from Addiscombe, died in hospital on January 20 after taking the drug at a warehouse rave in Hayes, west London, two days before.
A youth from Beckenham is one of two believed to have supplied the substance. Ryan Kirk, 20, was charged with being concerned in the supply of class A drugs alongside 18-year-old Nicqueel Pitrora, of Croydon, at Isleworth Crown Court on Wednesday February 5.
Family and friends of Daniel were earlier today to attend a thanksgiving service at Emmanuel Church on Normanton Road, South Croydon in tribute to the young man. A cortege was arranged to pass Archbishop Tenison School on Selborne road for pupils and staff to pay their respects.
Fiona Spargo-Mabbs, 46, said she always thought her son, who had plans to join the Army and later become an English teacher, could “change the world”.
In a moving tribute, she added: “He was just such a fantastic boy and he was such an active part of our lives and we just feel so incredibly blessed to have had him in our lives for getting on for 17 years. He really was special.”
- Orpington man guilty of importing millions of pounds worth of cocaine into UK
- PICTURED: Armed police in South Darenth after reports of a stabbing
- VIDEO: See how Thamesmead looked like utopia when it was new in 1969
- 92-year-old woman who slipped over near Bromley Sainsbury's thanks people who came to her aid
- Former Gravesend curry restaurant owners prosecuted over mice infestation
Comments are closed on this article.