A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- Teenage boy fighting for his life after he was stabbed 'in front of his friends' in Thamesmead
- A mother is raising money so she can say goodbye to this 'little hero' daughter
- Firefighters are tackling a house fire in Grove Park
- The exhibition that lets you live the Star Wars experience and is a must for any fan of the movies
- 200 drivers a day caught using mobile phones in weeks after crackdown