Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Keston woman competing in Sochi Winter Olympics
A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- Stabbed Abbey Wood man 'begged newsagent to call ambulance'
- UPDATE: Thamesmead woman rushed to hospital after house fire
- Review: The Pilot Inn, Greenwich
- International Academy of Greenwich 'could die' without permanent site
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival organisers call for acts to get involved
Comments are closed on this article.