A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- UPDATE: Girl taken to hospital after being hit by car in Darenth
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- Cray Wanderers stadium plans vetoed by Sadiq Khan - but refusal could be reversed as decision is called in
- PARTY TIME! Send us your school prom photos for our gallery
- 'I was told I don't look British': Lewisham parents take a stand against racism as hate crime soars after EU referendum