A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- London and Kent set for snow as early as tomorrow
- VIDEO: Two men jailed for Bexley armed robberies
- Southeastern delays to and from London Victoria due to broken down train
- Lewisham police arrest two people for cannabis possession
- High Court orders Hayes businessman's companies into liquidation after alleged £3.3 million scam