A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- Father-of-10 sacked as bus driver over wrestling match with passenger
- Dartford man Joshua Caird, 26, charged with murder of Donna Eastwood
- Blackheath road closed after wind leaves scaffolding dangling 'precariously'
- First micropub opens in Gravesend
- Bexley woman appointed as Scouts' first ever youth commissioner