A KESTON snowboarder is competing in the Winter Olympics in Sochi.
Aimee Fuller, who was born in Farnborough and grew up in Keston, is taking part in the slopestyle snowboarding event, the first heats for which were yesterday.
Miss Fuller progressed to the semi-final of the event, but failed to finish in the top four of her heat and qualify automatically for the final.
She will have the chance to progress from the semi-finals on Sunday before the final at the Rosa Khutor Extreme Park.
The 22-year-old first started snowboarding on Bromley's dry ski slopes in Sandy Lane.
The opening ceremony for the 22nd Winter Olympics takes place today.
- Two rail strikes set to cause 'travel chaos' across south-east London and Kent
- Alcoholism partly to blame for woman's death in Lewisham, coroner hears
- Young mum hopes history repeats itself in Model Tots competition
- Catford protest school with £900,000 overspend to make budget cuts
- Bexley College students secure top awards from industry professionals