A THAMESMEAD bird has been causing panic in the aisles of Morrisons by swooping around the store.
Shoppers at the Twin Tumps Way branch have been ducking for cover from the small black starling which spent just over a day inside the shop.
But unflappable staff took a patient approach, putting up cages to try and catch the unusual customer, which had fixed its beady eyes on the store's baked goods.
One shopper, who snapped a picture of the uninvited guest late on February 6, said: "The staff were just standing there, watching and waiting while it flew around the fresh bread and cake aisle."
He added: "It certainly put me off buying any cakes."
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: "The bird has now left via a back exit. It's gone."
- Could Facebook have helped prevent Lee Rigby murder?
- Vulnerable elderly woman missing from New Cross
- Plumstead man, Robert Napper, may have killed Claire Tiltman, court hears
- Bromley borough schools battle it out in Crystal Palace race
- VIDEO: 'There is no need to hide': Gravesend freemasons open up