A THAMESMEAD bird has been causing panic in the aisles of Morrisons by swooping around the store.
Shoppers at the Twin Tumps Way branch have been ducking for cover from the small black starling which spent just over a day inside the shop.
But unflappable staff took a patient approach, putting up cages to try and catch the unusual customer, which had fixed its beady eyes on the store's baked goods.
One shopper, who snapped a picture of the uninvited guest late on February 6, said: "The staff were just standing there, watching and waiting while it flew around the fresh bread and cake aisle."
He added: "It certainly put me off buying any cakes."
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: "The bird has now left via a back exit. It's gone."
- UPDATE: Car crashes through Sidcup front gardens at 'over 100 miles per hour' during police pursuit
- Mother of tragic Philip Lamin to hold concert to fund defibrillators for schools
- Lewisham apprentices commended at National Apprenticeship Awards
- Two men stage daylight robbery at jewellers in Shortlands
- PubSpy reviews The Gipsy Moth, Greenwich