Supermarket swoop: Customers duck for cover as cake-craving Thamesmead bird flies around inside Morrisons (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Supermarket swoop: Customers duck for cover as cake-craving Thamesmead bird flies around inside Morrisons
A THAMESMEAD bird has been causing panic in the aisles of Morrisons by swooping around the store.
Shoppers at the Twin Tumps Way branch have been ducking for cover from the small black starling which spent just over a day inside the shop.
But unflappable staff took a patient approach, putting up cages to try and catch the unusual customer, which had fixed its beady eyes on the store's baked goods.
One shopper, who snapped a picture of the uninvited guest late on February 6, said: "The staff were just standing there, watching and waiting while it flew around the fresh bread and cake aisle."
He added: "It certainly put me off buying any cakes."
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: "The bird has now left via a back exit. It's gone."
- Three injured as police vehicle and car crash in Lewisham High Street
- Orpington girl wins tasty National Trust cake competition
- Man charged with assault over Gravesend pre-Christmas attack
- PICTURED: Memories of Dartford during the First World War revealed
- Dartford driver says Princes Road potholes are an 'accident waiting to happen'
Comments are closed on this article.