A THAMESMEAD bird has been causing panic in the aisles of Morrisons by swooping around the store.
Shoppers at the Twin Tumps Way branch have been ducking for cover from the small black starling which spent just over a day inside the shop.
But unflappable staff took a patient approach, putting up cages to try and catch the unusual customer, which had fixed its beady eyes on the store's baked goods.
One shopper, who snapped a picture of the uninvited guest late on February 6, said: "The staff were just standing there, watching and waiting while it flew around the fresh bread and cake aisle."
He added: "It certainly put me off buying any cakes."
A Morrisons spokeswoman said: "The bird has now left via a back exit. It's gone."
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- 'His murder has been my main preoccupation for the last 30 years': Brother of private eye Daniel Morgan 'delighted' at podcast's success
- PICTURED: Bearded bobby in Bexleyheath carries shopping bags for elderly woman
- UPDATE: Homes evacuated due to fire at electrical sub-station in Sidcup
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent